The Croatian Academy of America is pleased to announce the Croatian Academy of America George Stambuk Memorial Scholarship. The program is open to all students who are studying for a master’s or doctorate degree in the United States.The purpose of the Croatian Academy of America is “to educate the members and public generally concerning Croatian literature, culture, and history by sponsoring lectures on these subjects and by producing and causing to have published articles on these subjects in the organization’s journal”. The winners of the George Stambuk Memorial Scholarship will receive a $10,000 scholarship award for their education.
The Croatian Academy of America, Inc. is a nonprofit, educational organization, founded in 1953 and incorporated in the State of New York on December 17, 1956. The certificate of incorporation was further amended in 1962.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must have completed at least a bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of at least a B or its equivalent
- Must have been admitted to a master’s or doctoral degree program to an accredited university or college in the United States
- Show a demonstrated dedication to the study and/or promotion of topics related to Croatian history, art, literature and/or culture.
How to Apply
To be applying for the scholarship, the candidates can download the application (in pdf or word format) through the given links:
- Pdf- http://croatianacademy.org/CAA/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/George-%C5%A0tambuk-Memorial-Scholarship.pdf
- Word- http://croatianacademy.org/CAA/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Croatian-Academy-of-America-George-%C5%A0tambuk-Memorial-Scholarship.docx
- A copy of your official college transcript
- Describe your extra-curricular activities
- List the colleges you attended, the degrees you obtained and your undergraduate major(s) and minor(s)
- List the college or university where you intend to obtain your master’s or doctoral degree and the field of study you will be pursuing for such degree
- Include an essay, consisting of no more than two (2) double-spaced pages, describing:
- How you have engaged in or plan to engage in the study and/or promotion of Croatian history, art, literature and/or culture (such engagement does not necessarily need to include academic courses but may include extracurricular activities).
- Provide two references and their contact information
- The applicant can send their complete application with the all supporting documents at the following address: PO Box 1767, Grand Central Station, New York, NY 10163-1767
- You can also email your application along with documentation to
The Croatian Academy of America shall award a $10,000 scholarship to a student studying for a master’s or doctorate degree in the United States.
Students must complete the application and submit to the Croatian Academy of America no later than June 1 of each calendar year.