The Myself Third Scholarship Program has been made possible through a generous gift provided by City College alumnus, Robert Friedman. It was established in 2002 in tribute to those who participated in the rescue effort following the World Trade Center tragedy. The purpose of the program is to encourage and reward civic involvement of high school students.One (1), a one-time award of $10,000 will be awarded to the winning candidates.
CUNY College Now is overseen and supported by a central administration which provides professional development to faculty and program staff, curriculum development, and advocacy for program design, and conducts research on the effectiveness of its programs and post-secondary student outcomes.
- The competition is open to New York City public high school seniors who have completed at least one college credit course in the College Now Program.
- A high school senior who has completed at least one College Now credit course
- Scheduled to graduate in June 2017
- Accepted at a CUNY college as a full-time matriculated undergraduate student and plan to attend in the fall of 2017
How to Apply
You can download the complete scholarship application form by the given link: http://collegenow.cuny.edu/wp-content/themes/collegenow/uploads/2017-Myself-Third-Application_2017.pdf
Completed applications must include:
- An official transcript
- A description of volunteer, work, and extracurricular activities
- A letter of support from a nominating high school teacher or guidance counselor
- A letter of support from a volunteer supervisor
- Recommenders must use the forms available on the College Now website
- Upon completion, return application packet by March 31, 2017, to your high school’s College Now liaison
- In cases where there is no CN liaison, please return directly to the College Now program in which you participated. Contact information for all campus-based College Now offices can be found at http://collegenow.cuny.edu/participating-colleges/
One (1), a one-time award of $10,000 will be awarded to a CUNY-bound student enrolling in either associates or baccalaureate degree program at any of CUNY’s 17 undergraduate colleges on a full-time basis.
The completed applications must be received by the College Now office on a CUNY campus by March 31, 2017.
All other questions can be forwarded to staff at CUNY College Now:
16 Court Street, 3rd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201