The Lep Foundation is now sponsoring “The CURE – Cancer Support Scholarship: Youth Education Assistance for Cancer Survivors”. The scholarship is designated for students who are diagnosed with cancer and whose disease & related treatments placed a significant financial burden on them and their families.With the purpose, the scholarship will help cover college costs for these individuals who have experienced financial hardship due to overwhelming medical expenses.The scholarship will be awarded to a qualified individual seeking to further their education by attending college. The amount of the scholarship is $5,000.
The Lep Foundation established by the Lepping family and friends. The Lep Foundation and CURE Media Group work in a collaborative effort to support students diagnosed with cancer and have shown the courage and determination to complete their college education despite significant challenges.
- Applicant must reside in the United States of America.
- Students who were diagnosed with cancer in childhood and whose disease and related treatments placed a significant financial burden on them and their families.
- Scholarship recipients must furnish a letter of confirmation by a licensed physician as proof of their cancer diagnosis. Note that this documentation will be required following the award notification and should not be submitted with the application.
- The recipient must demonstrate academic achievement through evidence of working to one’s potential and be accepted for admission at an institution of higher education, e.g. college, community college, university or vocational school.
- All grades must be substantiated by official documentation.
How to Apply
In order to apply, the candidate may download application through the given link: http://media.wix.com/ugd/16bf33_824e4ed009ab4d539e1dbcf4d7bbbcb2.pdf
- Essay: applications must include a one-page essay regarding your diagnosis and the challenges that you and your family faced due to cancer and cancer-related treatments. Include information regarding your goals and future ambitions.
- Provide an official school transcript
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from non-family members,
- A completed Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA).
All application materials must be mailed or e-mailed to:
Lep Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee,
9 Whispering Spring Drive,
Millstone Twp., NJ 08510
The amount of the Cancer Support Scholarship is $5,000. Scholarship awards may be used for tuition costs. All checks are paid to the school directly
The scholarship application must submit no later than June 1, 2017.