The El-Hibri Foundation is proud to offer three annual Peace Awards named as El-HibriPeace EducationPrize, Fearless Ally Award, and Community Builder Award to dedicated and deserving community leaders. These awards are open to those students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a U.S.-based accredited university. The mission of the Foundation supports building an inclusive America by advancing peace and respect for diversity inspired by the universally shared values of Islam.The El-Hibri Foundation will provide total $40,000 award amount in their three awards (El-Hibri Peace Education Prize- $30,000, Fearless Ally Award- $5,000, and Community Builder Award-$5,000).
The El-Hibri Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation based in Washington, D.C., was founded by an American Muslim family. The foundation supports peace education and interfaith cooperation through grants for promising groups, awards that recognize leadership and programs that promote learning and bridge-building.The El-Hibri Foundation envisions a society where everyone can achieve the American Dream in a diverse and inclusive world.
- Be U.S. citizens
- Demonstrate moral courage and a commitment to advancing American Muslim inclusion and understanding, which could include (but are not limited to):
- Organizing events that promote pluralism and respect for diversity
- Forming collaborative relationships to promote understanding across difference
- Challenging bigotry and Islamophobia
- Organizing an interfaith effort
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a U.S.-based accredited university
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Students with a demonstrated need for financial assistance are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarships, the applicant can submit nomination by creating an account through the given link: http://www.elhibrifoundation.org/peaceawards
All applications must include:
- Three short essays describing your professional goals, what drew you to this work, and why it is meaningful to you (250 words max each)
- A copy of your resume or CV
- A copy of your university transcript(s)
- A letter of reference from a professor or academic advisor who can speak to your leadership, character, and accomplishments on-campus
- A letter of reference from a current or past job/internship supervisor or mentor who can speak to your leadership, character, and accomplishments off-campus
The El-Hibri Foundation is proud to offer three annual Peace Awards to dedicated and deserving community leaders in the following categories:
- El-Hibri Peace Education Prize ($30,000)
- Fearless Ally Award ($5,000)
- Community Builder Award ($5,000)
- The El-Hibri Foundation Peace Education Scholarship applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm EST (DC Time) on Sunday, July 23, 2017.
- Award winners are announced in the fall and presented at the El-Hibri Foundation’s annual Peace Awards Ceremony.
If you have any question, contact directly to info-at-elhibrifoundation.org.