The James R. Hoffa has proud to announce its annual Memorial Scholarship Program to outstanding high school seniors. They are considering all applicants without regard to race, religion, gender, disability, or any other legally protected status. The Fund is established solely to provide scholarships to the child or dependent of a member of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, and contributions to the Fund are deductible as charitable contributions to the extent permitted by law. Scholarship winners are awarded either a $10,000.00 award split up over four years at $1,250.00 per semester or a one-time $1,000.00 award.
The James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund is an independent organization established and registered as a tax-exempt entity under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Be the son, daughter or financial dependent (this does not include spouses) of a Teamster member (hereafter also referred to as “Teamster Member Relation”) who qualifies (or in the case of retirees, has qualified) as a member in “good standing” in the Teamsters Union as defined in Article X, Section 5 of the International Constitution;
- Be in his/her last year of high school and may not apply if he/she has already graduated from high school;
- Be in the top 15% of his/her high school class
- Plan to submit excellent SAT or ACT scores for evaluation (U.S. only)
- Plan to attend an accredited four-year college or university within the United States or Canada, as a full-time student. Those who plan to attend non- academic or certificate programs or community college may not apply with this application
- Must maintain a GPA of 3.0 (B average) or higher.
How to Apply
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must download scholarship application form through the given link: http://www.jrhmsf.org/JRHMSFApplicationandacademicrecord.pdf
- Completed Academic Record
- Official high school transcript
- SAT or ACT Scores
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Home school applicants MUST take the SAT II for eligibility.
- Canadian and Puerto Rican applicants ONLY must also provide three letters of recommendation in lieu of SAT/ACT scores. Two academic letters (from a teacher, principal, etc), and one personal letter (from an employer or neighbor, NOT a family member or yourself). If you are not a Canadian or Puerto Rican applicant and you submit letters of recommendation, those letters will not be considered.
- Teamster Relation Membership Verification Form
You can submit complete application packet at:
Scanned/emailed to: scholarship-at-teamster.org
Faxed to: (202) 624-7457
Mailed to: James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund,
25 Louisiana Ave NW,
Washington, DC 20001
- Winner notification for $1,000.00 “Bootstrap” winners will be notified via email and $10,000.00 winners will be notified via email and mail by July 2017. It is very important that you provide an email address that you check frequently.
- Awards will be disbursed to the schools by August 31, 2017.
- Winners must be ready to provide their student ID, the correct mailing address of their institution and the department where their scholarship check is to be received, upon notification of award
Deadline for receipt of scholarship applications is Friday, March 31, 2017, 5:00 pm, EST.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at: Scholarship-at-teamster.org