Would you like to get a free scholarship to help in your education? The Jewish War Veterans of the USA is pleased to sponsors National Achievement Program. The contest is open to service members and veterans, who plan to attend or are currently attending an accredited associates, bachelor’s, nursing or graduate degree program. JWVF focuses on helping veterans or active duty personnel go back to school after their service through the National Achievement Program. The Jewish War Veterans Foundation awards over $9,000 in grants every year to help veterans and student descendants of veterans finance their college education.
Jewish War Veterans of the USA is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization following the rules of war veteran organizations as defined by IRC 170 (c)(3).
- The essay contest is open to current service members and veterans who plan to attend or are currently attending an accredited associates, bachelor’s, nursing or graduate degree program.
- The National Achievement Program is open to anyone regardless of race, religion, creed, or culture.
- All veterans are eligible and must be legal residents of the USA.
How to Apply
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must download scholarship application form through the given link: http://jwvusafoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/National-Achievement-Program-Application-10.7.16.pdf
Applicants must write an essay for participate in the program.
Essays should be between 500-750 words. They must be written in English, and typed essays are preferred. Applicants read the question carefully to ensure that your essay covers both parts of the theme.
2017 Essay Theme: What was your military experience and how will that experience help you pursue your academic studies?
The essay will be assessed along the following criteria:
- 25% Logic and coherence of the essay’s organization
- 25% Description of relevant military experience
- 50% Answering both pieces of the essay question clearly and fully
- Applicants must also submit his or her most recent transcript (high school or college)
- A copy of a college acceptance letter
- Proof of honorable military service, such as a copy of a DD-214, military ID card, etc.
Applicants email the complete application packet to:
- Applicant must write the subject line “National Achievement Program”.
Four grants will be awarded for the 2016-2017 academic year:
- They award two Charles Kosmutza Memorial Grants: $2,500 & $1,000
- Max R. & Irene Rubenstein Memorial Grant: $1,500
- Leon Brooks Memorial Grant: $1,000
The complete application packet must be submitted by May 30, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at jgreen-at-jwv.org.
Or call 202-265-6280