For many students, the biggest obstacle to a higher education is money that’s why the Jimmy Rane Foundation is offering a full-time scholarship. The scholarship is open to a high school senior, college freshman or sophomore, progressing normally toward graduation in the Spring/Summer 2017. The Jimmy Rane Foundation is dedicated to providing college scholarships to deserving students and strengthening their communities through education projects and grants. Winners of scholarships will receive award amount ranges from $500 to $5,000 per year.
The Jimmy Rane Foundation was created with a simple, yet powerful idea: “It’s about giving something back.” That was the guiding principle for James W. “Jimmy” Rane when he established the Foundation in 2000. And that’s exactly what he and countless sponsors have been able to do since then.
The eligibility criteria to be considered for a Jimmy Rane Foundation Scholarship are as follows:
- Students enrolled full-time as a high school senior, progressing normally toward graduation in the Spring/Summer 2017, with plans to enter college no later than the fall following graduation OR students enrolled full-time as a college freshman or sophomore, no older than 20 years of age as of August 1, 2017, and progressing normally toward a bachelor’s degree
- Scholarships from the Foundation shall be used only at an institution that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum, and normally has a regularly organized body of students in attendance at the place where the educational activities are carried on, and that is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as being accredited by recognized accrediting agencies
- Students seeking degrees through online or distance learning programs exclusively shall not be eligible for Jimmy Rane Foundation Scholarships
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for graduating high school seniors
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 for college applicants
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident
- All applicants must reside (permanent home address) in one of the following states or the District of Columbia: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, Louisiana, Texas, North Carolina, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, Delaware or New Jersey
- Employees of Great Southern Wood Preserving, Incorporated, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Employees of Great Southern Wood Preserving, Incorporated, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible
- Students must certify that they did not participate as a student-athlete (whether on partial or full athletic scholarship or otherwise) in intercollegiate sports during the prior semester (or quarter, if applicable) or academic year and will not participate as a student-athlete in intercollegiate athletics during the coming semester (or quarter, if applicable) or academic year
How to Apply
Applying for the scholarship, the candidates can register & login through the given link:
- The Jimmy Rane Foundation Scholarship award amount varies depending on the need of the student.
- The award amount ranges from $500 to $5,000 per year.
- The award may be renewed annually for a maximum of four academic years (or eight semesters) as long as all requirements are fulfilled.
- Scholarship funds may only be used for tuition and fees, books, supplies and equipment, room and board, and travel or research.
The online application and all supplemental materials are due Thursday, February 7, 2017, at 11:59 p.m.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at contactus-at-applyists.com.