The John Wright Memorial scholarship was established at TREE Fund by Wright Tree Service in honor and memory of its founder, John L. Wright, and his son, John R. Wright. High school seniors or returning college students who are seeking a first bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree while attending an accredited US college or university are eligible to apply. The purpose of the program is to support the arboriculture industry by helping college students interested in commercial arboriculture achieve high academic goals without accumulating burdensome debt.The John Wright Memorial Scholarship Program funds one student scholarship per year.The winner will get up to $2,000 scholarship.
TREE Fund is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit whose mission is to support scientific discovery and dissemination of new knowledge in the fields of arboriculture (the science of cultivating and managing trees in a landscape) and urban forestry.
- Applicants must be high school seniors entering college or community college or returning college students seeking a first bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree while attending an accredited US college or university.
- All applicants must plan to enter the commercial arboriculture industry.
- Pursuing a career in the commercial arboriculture industry
- Entering or returning student at an accredited undergraduate institution in the United States
- 0 GPA minimum
- United States citizen
- Employed at least part-time
How to Apply
To apply, the applicant may sign-up or log-in through the given link: https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/tfwright2017
You will need the following to complete the online application:
- Educational standing and enrollment status
- History of scholarships and extracurricular activities
- Essay describing your reasons for pursuing your chosen career, your goals and objectives, and why you should be chosen for this scholarship (maximum 1000 words)
- Current transcript
- Proof of United States citizenship
- Proof of employment
- Three letters of recommendation or contact information for people who will provide them (one must be from your academic advisor)
One $2,000 scholarship will be awarded annually. The award is non-renewable but can be applied for annually. All awards will be paid directly to the educational institution attended by the recipient in two equal payments.
The annual applications are due on May 15, 2017, and will only be accepted through the online application form.
If you have any questions, contact by email at bduke-at-treefund.org or call 630-369-8300 x200.