The University of Texas is delighted to announce Presidential Scholarship to be used for an internship, research, study abroad or professional conference experience. This scholarship is designed to encourage scholars to engage in an experiential learning opportunity that will enhance their academic program, strengthen their resume and allow them to explore possible career paths. Through the Presidential Scholars program, the students grow professionally and personally, becoming leaders. Presidential Scholars receive $5,000 scholarships per year during their four years on campus.
UT Austin is part of the (SERU) that includes many peer universities including the University of California System, University of Michigan, University of North Carolina and the University of Virginia. The university provides information to help the university improve programs and processes to better serve our students.
To receive the scholarship, a beneficiary must:
- Presidential Scholars are required to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 and complete at least 30 hours of coursework each year to remain eligible.
- They encourage the majority of these hours to be taken at UT Austin, Presidential Scholars can use AP, credit-by-exam, transfer credit hours in order to add up to the 30-hour requirement.
How to Apply
For applying to the Presidential Scholars, you can go through the given link
The winner candidate will receive
- Presidential Scholars receive $5,000 scholarships per year during their four years on campus.
- In addition, a $1,500 Individual Opportunity Scholarship is available for these students to provide them with an experiential learning opportunity, including study abroad, internships and research projects.
- For Maymester and Summer 2017 application deadline: April 15, 2017
- For Fall 2017 application deadline is: July 15, 2017
If you have any query you can call them at 512-475-9622