Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) is pleased to announce the Morton A. Gibson Memorial Scholarship, administered by the United Jewish Endowment Fund of The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington. The program is available for high school seniors who have completed significant volunteer services within the local Jewish community. With the mission, annually JSSA serves and supports more than 31,000 individuals and families throughout the Greater Washington metropolitan area. The winners of the Morton A. Gibson Memorial Scholarship will receive up to $2,500 award amount.
Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) is a nonsectarian, nonprofit client-focused health and social service agency has been helping individuals and families across the Greater Washington metropolitan area meet emotional, social, and physical challenges for more than 120 years.
To eligible, the applicants must:
- Be a high school senior
- Be a Jewish resident of the metropolitan Washington area
- Be accepted into an accredited four-year undergraduate program on a full-time basis
- Be a U.S. citizen or working towards citizenship
How to Apply
To be applying for the scholarship, the applicant must download theapplication through the given link:
- Most recent official high school or college transcript of grades
- Score reports: SAT, SAT Subject Tests, ACT, AP, IB, GRE, GMAT, Etc.
- Resume or summary of your extracurricular and summer activities
- A personal statement that helps the scholarship committee knows you better.
- Letter of Acceptance from the college or graduate school you will be attending.
- Financial Aid Award Letter from the college you will be attending unless you are not applying for a scholarship based on financial need.
- Copy of your FAFSA report and the cover letter showing the EFC amount
- If applying for the Gibson Scholarship, follow the instructions on the Gibson requirement Page. Provide two letters of recommendation.
The complete application packet mail to:
Jewish Social Service Agency
Attn: Donna Becker
200 Wood Hill Road
Rockville, MD 20850
By the Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) – one to two scholarships in the amount of $2,500 are awarded annually. Awards may not be used for community college and study abroad programs (including Israel)
The 2017 Morton A. Gibson Memorial Scholarship applications are due on May 1, 2017.
If you have any question, contact at email: dbecker-at-jssa.org or telephone: 301-610-8353