Stars Scholarship Fund is now accepting applications for its Scholarship program. Stars Scholarship Fund awards scholarships to academically talented and highly motivated students who intend to pursue full-time undergraduate, graduate or doctoral degrees. This scholarship program not only assists students in achieving their higher educational goals, but it also provides a broader sense of accomplishment, affiliation and motivation to continue to excel. The scholarship awards vary and range from $350 to $10,000.
Stars Scholarship Fund is dedicated to providing successful futures for local students. Stars Scholarship Fund was established to offer students an opportunity for advancement in higher education. Scholarships provide deserving students the ability to achieve success at the college or university of their choice.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551.
- Be a permanent resident (5 or more consecutive years) of and have a permanent South or West Texas address in one of our 30 counties. Link for eligible counties is: https://www.starsscholarship.org/stars/scholarships/eligible-counties
- Have earned/completed at least 12 undergraduate credit hours at a U.S. accredited college or university before applying for the scholarship.
- Have a minimum college cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have completed a high school diploma or its equivalent prior to the Fall of the new academic year.
- Are enrolled in a U.S. accredited 2 yr. community college (enrolled part-time or full-time) in a degree-seeking program, or a 4yr. university undergraduate program (enrolled full-time) seeking a Bachelor’s Degree, or a university graduate program (enrolled full-time) seeking a Master’s, Law or Doctorate degree
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply either online or offline for the given Star Scholarship Fund Scholarships
For applying online, you can go through the given link. You should login/register yourself.
- Signed Certification and Release Form
- Official College/University Transcript (Reflecting Fall 2016 grades or last enrolled semester grades.)
- 2017/2018 Student Aid Report (SAR)
- 1 page (minimum) Personal Statement
If you choose to fill out a hard copy application, you can send it to us via:
- Fax to: 956-928-0327
- Scan and email to helpdesk-at-StarsScholarship.org
- Mail to: Stars Scholarship Fund, 3900 N. McColl Road, McAllen, TX 78501-9160.
Star receives over 6,000 applications and has funds toward 1,000 to 1,400 scholarships. The scholarship awards vary and range from$350 to $10,000. Award amounts are based on the college/university you will be attending.
The scholarship deadline is March 31, 2017.
- Phone: 956.994.3271
- Fax: 956.928.0327
- Email: helpdesk-at-starsscholarship.org