The North American Network Operators Group (NANOG) is pleased to announce the NANOG Network Operator’s Scholarships. To eligible, the applicant must be current postsecondary undergraduates or graduate students who are pursuing a degree in computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, network engineering, and telecommunications.The NANOG helps to support networking and engineering education through their scholarships. The scholarship provides a one-time annual award of $10,000 amount to a recipient for undergraduate study at a recognized University.
The North American Network Operators Group (NANOG), is the professional association for Internet engineering, architecture, and operations. Our core focus is on continuous improvement of the data transmission technologies, practices, and facilities that make the Internet function. NANOG is a membership organization organized as a 501(c)3 non-profit.
Applicants to the NANOG Scholarship Program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current postsecondary undergraduate or graduate student who is pursuing a degree in one of the following fields of study:
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Network Engineering
- Telecommunications (at the graduate level only)
- Plan to enroll part-time (at least six credits) or full-time in undergraduate or graduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university for the entire 2017-2018 academic year.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Each recipient of the scholarship agrees to allow the use of his or her biographical and academic information in publications of the university and NANOG respectively.
How to Apply
To apply for the NANOG scholarship, the candidates can register go through the given link:
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course, and term in which each course was taken.
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form (click to view and print the form).
- A 500-word statement describing how the scholarship money would impact your college career.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $10,000 award. Four (4) awards will be granted in 2017. Awards are one-time only. Past recipients may not re-apply.
- Awards are for undergraduate and graduate study.
The application must be submitted on or before June 2, 2017. Applicants will be notified in late July.
If you have any question about the NANOG Scholarship Program, email at nanog-at-scholarshipamerica.org or call: 1-507-931-1682 and ask