Students who plan to pursue studies in science or engineering have great opportunity to receive this “Robert H. Goddard Memorial Scholarship”. To applying for the scholarship applicants must be in at least the junior year of an accredited university. Scholarship’s purpose is to stimulate the interest of talented students in the opportunity to advance scientific knowledge through space research and exploration. In memory of Dr. Robert H. Goddard, America’s rocket pioneer The National Space Club and Foundation awards a $10,000 scholarship each year.
The National Space Club and Foundation is a non-profit organization devoted to fostering excellence in space activity through interaction between industry and government, and through a continuing program of educational support. Awards are offered to recognize significant achievements in space science and enterprise. Scholarships and other education support are a major focus of Club activity.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- The applicant must be in at least the junior year of an accredited university.
- The applicant must have the intention of pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in science or engineering during the interval of the scholarship.
How to Apply
All interested applicants can go through the given link and download the application form
You will need to provide the following information and materials
- Official transcript of college record
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty
- Statement of Intent ‐ Provide your academic plans that would lead to future participation in some phase of the aerospace sciences and technology, 500 words minimum, no longer than two (2) pages
- Past research, leadership, and participation in space‐related science and engineering
All applicants must submit an official transcript at the address given below
National Space Club and Foundation, Attention Scholarship Foundation
204 E Street Ne, Washington, Dc
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The scholarship, in the amount of $10,000.00, is awarded to the winning candidate, the applicant can use scholarship towards tuition for the 2018‐2019 academic year.
Applications must be submitted by December 1, 2017.