The Nina Scholars Program is available to students at all Maricopa County Community Colleges. This program is sponsored by Maricopa Community College Foundation and provides a unique opportunity where students from disadvantaged backgrounds can obtain the resources and financial support needed in order to successfully complete their college education. The Nina Scholars program is highly focused on all aspects of the success of its student participants. This program covers full tuition, fees, and books and provides each student with an academic advisor mentor and also worth a $2,750 annual living allowance.
Maricopa Community College Foundation boldly impacts their communities through innovative and strategic partnerships for the growth and benefit of the Maricopa Community Colleges, its students, faculty, and staff.
Available to individuals who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Incoming freshmen ages 18-25 who have been raised through the child welfare system and have no form of financial support
- College-age youth and adults with physical disabilities
- Adults who are 25 years or older who have dependents in their family units
Applicants must also meet all of the following criteria:
- Be working toward their first college degree
- Be a United States citizen and resident of the state of Arizona
- Demonstrate financial need, as determined by FAFSA
- Have previously completed no more than 24 college level credits
How to Apply
The candidates are required to sign in through the given link. After that they are able to complete the scholarship application form.
- Full tuition and fees up to four years
- Reimbursement of book costs
- $2,750 annual living allowance
- Assigned campus academic mentor
The completed application must be submitted by March 1, 2017.