The New York State Tribute Foundation has dedicated to supporting education, outreach and research programs that advance the public’s understanding of end-of-life issues. Hence, the foundation is offering education scholarships named as “Tribute Foundation Scholarship Program”. The program is open to all first- and second-year students, online students who are working toward a BS degree in the Mortuary Science field of study. The winners of the Tribute Foundation Scholarship Program will receive up to $6,000 per semester until their graduation.
The NYS Tribute Foundation, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, was established in 2003 out of a desire to unite the knowledge and resources of funeral service professionals throughout New York State.The Foundation uses its philanthropic resources to stimulate research, improve and support professional education, increase public outreach and sponsor forums to foster policy dialogue on important end-of-life issues.
- The applicant must be residing in the state of New York.
- Eligibility includes first- and second-year students, online students, and students working toward a BS degree in the Mortuary Science field of study.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can download application through the given link: https://www.nysfda.org/images/PDFs/TRIBUTE/Tribute_Scholarship_Application.2017.pdf
Attached the following documents:
- Typed essay no more than 500 words
- Official School Transcript (latest)
- A 5-minute video Discuss why you think you will make a good funeral director and why you should receive this NYS Tribute Foundation Scholarship.
- Letters of recommendation – Minimum of 2 (e.g. professor; funeral director; church leader, civic leader, etc.)
- Send completed application and supporting documentation to Tribute Foundation Scholarship Committee NYS Tribute Foundation, Inc. 1 South Family Drive Albany, NY 12205
- Videos should be sent to Kelly-at-nysfda.org
- Scholarship awards will be made payable to the accredited school for the benefit of the recipient.
- Recipients will receive $6,000 per semester until graduation IF:
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Remain in contact (at least twice per semester) with the NYS Tribute Foundation via written correspondence
- Remain in good standing with the accredited mortuary science school.
- All scholarship recipients MUST submit an “exit evaluation” at graduation and remain in touch with the NYS Tribute Foundation through Residency
The applications are must be received no later than June 30, 2017.