The Robert E. Dougherty Educational Foundation is pleased to announce its R.E.D. Educational Foundation Scholarship Program. The student who are enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or post-graduate study for the spring of 2017, are eligible to apply. The scholarship award reflects the Foundation’s commitment to providing financial assistance to students pursuing a career in the composite panel and affiliated industries. Five winners will be selected and each will get up to $5,000 scholarship award.
The Robert E. Dougherty Educational Foundation is a not-for-profit foundation whose sole mission is to provide financial assistance to students pursuing a career in the composite panel and affiliated industries. The Foundation was formed in 1986 by the members of the Composite Panel Association.
- The student must be a citizen or permanent legal resident of the US, Canada or Mexico.
- The student must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or post-graduate study for the spring of 2017.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form. Scholarship application form can be downloaded from the given link: http://www.compositepanel.org/userfiles/filemanager/58921e03d4fc4/
- Complete the scholarship nomination form that can be downloaded from the given link: http://www.compositepanel.org/userfiles/filemanager/58921e0b82e46/
- An official school transcript.
- Write a 1 to 2-page essay answering one of the following questions:
- What do you see as the biggest challenge facing the North American wood products industry?
- Describe a major issue within your field of study and what you would do to help/alleviate the problem?
- A recommendation letter
Send the application form, official school transcript, essay, nomination form and recommendation letter to the Foundation to:
19465 Deerfield Avenue, Suite 306
Leesburg, VA 20176
The 2017 awards will consist of five scholarships of up to $5,000 each. Additional scholarships could be awarded depending on the quality of the submissions.
The completed application packet must be submitted by March 10, 2017.
If you have questions contact to Gary Heroux at gheroux-at-cpamail.org