The Marshall Aid Commemoration Commission (MACC) is accepting an application for its “Marshall Scholarships Program”.The program is open only to United States citizens who (at the time they take up their Scholarship) hold a first degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States with a minimum GPA of 3.7. The objective of the Marshall Scholarship is to motivate scholars to act as ambassadors from America to the UK and vice versa throughout their lives thus strengthening British American understanding.Up to forty Scholars are selected each year to study at graduate level at an UK institution in any field of study.
The Marshall Aid Commemoration Commission (MACC) administers the British Marshall Scholarships, which finance young Americans of high ability to study for a graduate degree in the UK. Founded by a 1953 Act of Parliament, and named in honor of US Secretary of State George C Marshall, the Scholarships commemorate the humane ideals of the Marshall Plan and they express the continuing gratitude of the British people to their American counterparts.
To be eligible for a 2018 Marshall Scholarship, candidates must:
- Be citizens of the United States of America (at the time they apply for a scholarship)
- (by the time they take up their scholarship ie September 2018) hold their first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States
- Have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 on their undergraduate degree. (Applicants must have a GPA of 3.7 at the time of application).
- Have graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2015.
- Not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University or GCSE or A-Levels took at a school in the UK.
- Marshall Scholarships finance young Americans of high ability to study for a degree in the United Kingdom.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must create an account through the given link: https://marshall.embark.com/apply/scholarship18
- The Marshall Aid Commemoration Commission (MACC) provides a number of awards: Up to 40 Scholarships awarded annually.
- University fees, cost of living expenses, annual book grant, thesis grant, research and daily travel grants, fares to and from the United States and, where applicable, a contribution towards the support of a dependent spouse.
The deadline for the 2018 Marshall Application is 5 pm (in the time zone your endorsing institution is located) on October 2, 2017.
If you have Inquiry about the Marshall Scholarships should be sent to apps-at-marshallscholarship.org