Honoring both the nation’s 40th President and his lasting legacy of leadership, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation is announcing Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation Scholars Program. The awards are open for Ventura County, Calif., high school seniors who exemplify outstanding leadership skills and personal character. A total scholarship award amount of $50,000 is distributed annually to the winning candidates for their tuition, fees, books, supplies room and board expenses.
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the promotion of individual liberty, economic opportunity, global democracy, and national pride. It sustains the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, the Center for Public Affairs, the Presidential Learning Center and The Air Force One Pavilion.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership, character, communication skills, academic achievement, and commitment to Ventura County.
- Be high school seniors who will graduate from a high school in Ventura County, California, in winter 2016 or spring 2017. Homeschooled high school seniors in Ventura County, California, are eligible to apply.
- Secure two recommendations by authority figures who have observed them in a leadership role, including a teacher.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Be citizens of the United States of America.
How to Apply
- New candidates can register through the given link: https://www.scholarsapply.org/reagan-presidential-scholars/register.php
- Existing candidates can login themselves through the given link: https://www.scholarsapply.org/reagan-presidential-scholars/login.php
- Awards will generally range from $1,000-$10,000 and will be determined by the Foundation. Awards are not renewable and are for one time only. Awards are for undergraduate study only and may be used for education-related expenses: tuition, fees, books, supplies room and board.
- Top award recipients also may choose a teacher who will receive a grant of $500.
Qualified candidates may apply online starting January 3, 2017, through February 20, 2017.
Applicants who have questions about the application process may contact the program’s administrator, Scholarship America, at 1-507-931-1682 and ask for the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation Scholars Program or email Reagan-at-scholarshipamerica.org.