The University of Hawaii Federal Credit Union is excited to announce the continuation of the UHFCU Scholarship Program. The scholarship is open to undergraduate student, or who can be currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution in a UH System campus. As the University’s credit union, the scholarship program creates a lasting legacy – potentially benefiting generations of students as well as the UH System they serve. In 2017, they will grant a total of $10,000 in scholarships to five deserving students.
The University of Hawaii Federal Credit Union (UHFCU) is one of the State of Hawaii’s leading financial cooperatives with over $555 million dollars in assets and more than 29,000 members.
- Be a member of UHFCU or a family member thereof
- Have applied or been accepted to a UH System campus as an undergraduate student, or be currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution on a full-time basis with intent to enroll in a UH System campus as an undergraduate student and
- If awarded, become a member of UHFCU
How to Apply
Applying for the scholarship, the candidates must complete the application form that can be downloaded through the given link:
- Personal Essay which articulates applicant’s hopes and aspirations relative to college, career goals, service beyond college, and reasons should be the recipient
- Academic Merit using high school transcript (for incoming college freshmen) and/or college transcript (for continuing college students)
All documents (application, essay, and transcripts) must be fully complete and received or postmarked. Mail, hand-carry, or email your application documents and transcripts to:
University of Hawai‘i Federal Credit Union
Attention: Scholarship Selection Committee
2019 South King Street
Honolulu, HI 96826-2220
- $10,000 total – Made up of five (5) $2,000 scholarships.
- Three (3) of the scholarships are reserved for incoming freshmen. Two (2) of the scholarships are for continuing undergraduate students.
- Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, board, transportation, etc. – essentially, the costs of attending a UH campus.
The completed application packet must be submitted by April 17, 2017.
If you have problems, e-mail them at Scholarships-at-uhfcu.com.