College of Physical Sciences
Student Recruitment Assistant
An opportunity has arisen in the College of Physical Sciences & Engineering for a Student Recruitment Assistant. This would be an excellent career development opportunity for an individual seeking work in a marketing, recruitment or admissions role.
You will primarily be responsible for coordinating admissions queries, responding to enquiries, using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for communication and reporting, liaising with internal and external contacts, coordinating Open Days and Offer Holder Days, and presenting to large audiences of potential students and/or their parents.
You will need to be proactive in offering excellent levels of customer service. You will need excellent organisational, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to prioritise your workload and work under pressure. You should also possess good IT skills.
We are looking for a dynamic, ambitious, flexible, enthusiastic and responsible person, with the ability to work both as an effective team member and independently (whilst off-site). All candidates are expected to be willing to travel and work outside office hours, as needed, on occasion.
This post is full time (35 hours per week) and is open ended.
The appointment will be made, dependent on relevant qualifications and experience.
Salary: £19,202 – £21,414 per annum (Grade 3).
For informal enquiries, please contact Rosie Mellors on (029) 20874975 or email [email protected]
For further details about working in Cardiff University, please contact the College HR Team: [email protected]
Date advert posted: Thursday, 1 November 2018
Closing date: Sunday, 18 November 2018
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who have the ambition to create a University which seeks to fulfil our social, cultural and economic obligation to Cardiff, Wales, and the world. In supporting our employees to achieve a balance between their work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.
• To manage College customer enquiries in a prompt, professional and appropriate manner.
• To utilise the University’s CRM system to communicate with internal and external stakeholders and report on applicant/offer-holder status.
• To manage the applicant database and ensure that processes flow effectively and efficiently.
• To coordinate admissions queries utilising the University’s centralised system (SIMS – Student Information Management System).
• To support and deliver the College’s conversion campaign for offer holders.
• To use the University’s IT systems (SIMS, Business Objects) produce statistical data relating to admissions trends as directed.
• To assist others within the office during peak periods, as needed.
• To help with the coordination of outreach events aimed at attracting potential students into courses offered within the School and College.
• To work flexibly as part of the team to achieve the College objectives.
• To occasionally travel in the UK and overseas, to be agreed on a case by case basis, to support the College’s recruitment efforts.
• To undertake continuous professional development, acquiring and refining skills and expertise in new or related areas, and to engage with the annual Personal Development Review (PDR) process and other performance review activities as appropriate.
• To ensure that an understanding of the importance of confidentiality is applied when undertaking all duties.
• To abide by University policies on Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity.
• You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time to support the work of the School/College, which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role.
Qualifications and Education
1. NVQ 2/GCSE level A-C or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
2. Experience of working in an administrative or office environment whilst offering customer service excellence.
3. Proficient in using common office IT packages (e.g. Microsoft Office) and the ability to set up standard administrative systems and procedures.
4. Experience of working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including non-native speakers of English from overseas.
5. Experience of supporting event management and providing a high-quality experience for incoming visitors.
Customer Service, Communication and Team Working
6. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of people.
7. Ability to work as an effective team member, providing advice and guidance to other team members where necessary.
Planning, Analysis and Problem Solving
8. Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload within established time scales.
9. Ability to use initiative in solving problems and responding to queries ensuring compliance with standard procedures and practices.
10. Prepared to work extended hours during peak times, within reason.
11. Good knowledge of the UK Higher Education system, including knowledge of student recruitment issues and a sound understanding of the admissions cycle within Higher Education.
12. An aptitude for marketing.
13. The ability to communicate fluently in Welsh, both written and orally
It is the University’s policy to use the person specification as a key tool for short-listing. Candidates should evidence that they meet ALL of the essential criteria as well as, where relevant, the desirable. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide this evidence via a supporting statement. Please ensure that the evidence you are providing corresponds with the numbered criteria outlined below. Your application will be considered based on the information you provide under each element.
When attaching the supporting statement to your application profile, please ensure that you name it with the vacancy reference number, e.g. Supporting Statement for 7945BR.
Admin / Clerical
Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)
|Recruitment/Posting Title||Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)|
|Department||Ctr-Strategic Urban Ldrshp-Cmd|
The Classroom Assistant will support the classrooms serving children from ages 0-3 years and creating and maintaining a safe and stimulating environment for young children. This position is responsible for daily care of the children enrolled in his/her class. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following: physical caregiving, following an age appropriate daily plan, and facilitation of supportive relationships with co-workers, parents, and students. The Classroom Assistant II ensures, supports, and promotes each child’s safety, health, and development in cooperation with their families and other early childhood professionals in a manner consistent with NAEYC, NJDHS and child care licensing regulations
|Hours Per Week||19.5|
|Daily Work Shift|
|Position Salary||$10-$12 per hour|
|Terms of Appointment||Temporary Staff Appointment – Hourly|
|Minimum Education and Experience|
AA degree, preferably in the field of Early Childhood Education of Child Development from an accredited public or private institution of higher education. Child Development Associate (CDA) credential for Preschool Caregivers required or an equivalent credential that addresses comparable competencies; or must obtain the credential within one year of employment as a Classroom Assistant II.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
Must have (or be willing to obtain) training and experience necessary to develop consistent, stable, and supportive relationships with very young children. Ability to work as part of a multi-program/disciplinary team in providing a variety of services to children and families. Experience working with children from low income families. Valid First Aid/CPR card, food handler’s card, negative TB test, and clear criminal background check required.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment|
|Posting Open Date|
|Posting Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Regional Campus||Rutgers University-Camden|
|Home Location Campus||Rutgers University-Camden|
Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker
|Working Title||Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker|
|Anticipated Starting Academic Term||Fall|
|Job Category||Administrative/Office Support|
|Federal Work Study Required?||No|
|Job Summary||The student will be involved in patient relations, answer phones, scheduling patient appointments, study recruitment assistance, database entry, filing, copying, faxing|
|Job Requirements||Prior customer service experience, familiarity or interest in medicine/medical terminology and Microsoft Office|
|Child Protection Clearances||The following PA Act 153 clearances and background checks may be required prior to commencement of employment and as a condition of continued employment: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance.|
|Hourly Pay Rate||$7.65|
|Anticipated Number of Openings||2|
|Anticipated Hours per Week||10-20|
|Anticipated Weekly Schedule||flexible|
|Primary Work Location||Kaufmann Bldg, Suite 1110|
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Student Software Developer (FALL)
Student Software Developer (FALL) –
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: Flexible, 10-20 hours per week
Salary Range: $10.00
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Academic Transcripts, Class Schedule
The Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies (CIMMS) seeks to fill a Student Assistant position to contribute to CIMMS Meteorological Phenomena Identification Near the Ground (mPING) project (http://mping.ou.edu/).
The principal duties of this position are:
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled in the current Fall 2018 Term as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
- Must attach Fall 2018 oZONE class schedule.
- Strong computer programming skills with particular emphasis on Python and PostgreSQL
- Strong familiarity with the UNIX/Linux operating environment and web services such as Nginx, Django and RESTful web applications
- Optional experience with mobile app development on Android and/or iOS is a plus
- Experience debugging and/or trouble shooting software and hardware issues
- Experience working with complex software applications and web-based communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: Yes
Special Indications: None
: Oct 30, 2018
Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)
100 Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions) Posting Number 18TM0693 Department Ctr-Strategic Urban Ldrshp-Cmd...
Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker
74 Working Title Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker Anticipated Starting Academic Term Fall Job Type Student Job Category...
Student Software Developer (FALL)
46 Student Software Developer (FALL) – Job Number: 183298 Organization : CIMMSJob Location : United States-Oklahoma-NormanSchedule : Part-timeWork Schedule: Flexible, 10-20 hours per weekSalary Range: $10.00Benefits Provided: No Required Attachments: Resume,...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Illustration/Drawing/Digital Media
44 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Ceramics/Digital Ceramics
33 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE
22 Position Details Position Information Working Title JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE Posting Number J1255 Position Type Institutional Employment...
General Archives Student Assistant
29 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title General Archives Student Assistant Requisition Number DU04595 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION Work Location...
Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant
24 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant Requisition Number DU03576 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION...
Dullabh Education Award
25 About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applicationsApplicable study: Year 3 of a BEd(Tchg) Primary, GradDipTchg(Sec) or...
KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019
17 Position Information Position Information Position Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019 Working Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker...