Ingenium – Canada’s Museums of Science and Innovation is currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of:
SUMMER STUDENT EMPLOYMENT – CANADA SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY MUSEUM
Reference Number: 2018/2019-CSTMC-039
Salary Range: $14.00 Level:student
Employment Status: Student for 3 months
Language Requirements: Bilingual
Security Requirement: Enhanced reliability
Position Number: 0000 CSTM Student
Branch: Canada Science and Technology Museum
Who can apply? Ingenium – Canada’s Museums of Science and Innovation employees and external candidates
Summary of Duties:
Provides exhibit presence and security at determined work areas by:
– greeting and welcoming visitors;
– providing information like museum programs, exhibitions, schedules, floor maps, etc.
– directing enquiring visitors to specific exhibitions and other facilities such as the cafeteria, boutique, washrooms, etc.
– explaining rules and policies to visitors when necessary i.e. admission policies and ensuring they are implemented by visitors;
– reporting any problems to the Supervisors including broken exhibits, maintenance problems, cleanliness, and security of
artefacts and exhibits or any other significant problems;
– ensuring crowd control;
– being responsible for courteous but efficient clearing and securing of the Museum at the end of operating hours.
The standard weekly hours are: SWW 37.50 Hrs (5 days Average Mon. – Sun.)
Education and Experience:
– Must be at least 16 years old
– Must be available to work weekends, weekdays, evenings and holidays.
– Must be returning to school on a full-time basis in Fall 2018
– Experience working with a diverse clientele, including children;
– Experience in dealing with the public.
Current Standard 1st Aid/CPR as asset
– Knowledge of the collection and programs of the Canada Science and Technology Museum.
– Basic knowledge of the museum as a cultural institution.
– Ability to communicate and work effectively with both visitors and team colleagues;
– Ability to evaluate situations quickly and take action effectively and calmly when required; to exercise good judgement;
– Ability to work well independently without supervision and as part of a cohesive team.
Flexibility and adaptability
Strong team player
High energy, self-starter
Friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude
Excellent communication and people skills
A high degree of initiative and judgement
The CSTMC is committed to the principles of employment equity.
Résumés received for this position will not be accepted after the indicated closing time (midnight) and date.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of this selection process will be contacted.
As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list that may serve to staff similar positions.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating the
reference number 2018/2019-CSTMC-039 in your email’s Subject line, no later than the closing date to:
Posting Date: April 26, 2018 Closing Date: May 31, 2018
HR Officer, Staffing and Employee Services
Human Resources Branch
Ingenium – Canada’s Museums of Science and Innovation
P.O. Box 9724, Station T
0000 CSTM Student – Student/Étudiant,étudiante
Student Wellness Worker
Dean of Students, First Peoples’ House
Competition No. – S114837460
Posting Date – Oct 24, 2018
Closing Date – Nov 07, 2018
Position Type – Full Time – Operating Funded
Salary Range – $58,675 to $81,208 per year
Grade – 10
Hours – 35
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits .
Reporting to the Director and working in close collaboration with First Peoples’ House staff and other units within the Dean of Students portfolio, the Student Wellness Worker will provide support to First Nations, Metis and Inuit learners. Supports will be related to providing information to help students’ wellbeing and will include offering self-care sessions, facilitating wellness activities, hosting Wellness Week, working with students in crisis, and planning activities/providing resources associated with preventing and reducing substance misuse.
The successful candidate must have knowledge in or be familiar with the traditions, values, and beliefs associated with First Nations, Metis, and Inuit cultures.
- Conduct thorough needs assessments from a strengths-based approach and considering diverse student experiences to develop a thorough understanding of presenting student needs
- Engage and empower students in the decision-making process to identify and develop support or referral options based on best practices and the needs of the individual
- Provide assistance to students in the area of adjusting to new changes and challenges like new to the university, medical disorders, relationship issues, and historical trauma
- Coordinate and conduct traditional healthy parenting, and healthy relationships sessions
- Support students in receiving fundamental needs like the food bank, emergency housing, medical services, and child welfare
- Offer quality guidance and counseling to First Nation, Metis, and Inuit students
- Provide crisis intervention and suicide risk assessment as well as short-term client stabilization when required
- Develop strong partnerships and positive working relationships with and acts as a liaison between many campus and greater community services to maintain direct, seamless connections to all suitable resources
- Support and assist in creating relevant First Nation, Metis and Inuit student mental health policies and procedures
- Liaison with campus resources and faculties to address and promote mental health amongst First Nation, Metis and Inuit students
- Organize resources for the use of the student and introduce them to the appropriate support groups
- Social Work Degree (BSW) required with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Must be in good standing with the Alberta College of Social Worker
- Experience in suicide risk assessment and prevention
- Knowledge and understanding of the impacts of historical trauma within First Nation communities
- Knowledge and experience relating to First Nations culture and approaches to healing
- Experience in providing crisis and short-term counselling support, information and referrals
- Experience with working in Metis Settlements, First Nation or Inuit communities
- Experience in group facilitation and support and build resiliency of students
- Ability to seek and build relationships with families, social services systems, such as child welfare, justice, health, income supports, and education
- Experience working with people with addictions and/or other mental health concerns
- Experience working with victims of sexual assault
- Knowledge of the Indian Residential School System and the effects this system has had on former students and their families
- Experience working with LGBTQ and two-spirit peoples
- Knowledge and connections with external organizations
- Proficient working knowledge of computers and programs
- Ability to work with confidential information in a professional and sensitive manner
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Job description: Documentary film company seeking iSchool students/grads for short term contract.
Mercury Films is a Toronto-based documentary production company. We are looking to make a second deposit of materials into the University of Toronto Archives. We have approximately 25 boxes containing tapes of various formats as well as printed material and binders that require sorting, labelling and cataloguing in preparation for integration with the Archives. This work will be done under the supervision of the Mercury team.
Start date: Week of November 5th 2018
Duration: Approximately 2 weeks, part time, flexible hours, as required to finish the job
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected] , and include in your subject line ARCHIVING November 2018
Tenure-Track Position in Data Science
The Department of Mathematics
Applications must consist of a cover letter, a current
Dr. Cody Hyndman, Chair
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West
Subject to budgetary approval, we
Concordia University is strongly committed to employment
To comply with the Government of Canada’s reporting
Yes, I am a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
No, I am not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)
211 Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions) Posting Number 18TM0693 Department Ctr-Strategic Urban Ldrshp-Cmd...
Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker
144 Working Title Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker Anticipated Starting Academic Term Fall Job Type Student Job Category...
Student Software Developer (FALL)
128 Student Software Developer (FALL) – Job Number: 183298 Organization : CIMMSJob Location : United States-Oklahoma-NormanSchedule : Part-timeWork Schedule: Flexible, 10-20 hours per weekSalary Range: $10.00Benefits Provided: No Required Attachments: Resume,...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Illustration/Drawing/Digital Media
90 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Ceramics/Digital Ceramics
63 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE
66 Position Details Position Information Working Title JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE Posting Number J1255 Position Type Institutional Employment...
General Archives Student Assistant
64 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title General Archives Student Assistant Requisition Number DU04595 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION Work Location...
Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant
51 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant Requisition Number DU03576 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION...
Dullabh Education Award
53 About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applicationsApplicable study: Year 3 of a BEd(Tchg) Primary, GradDipTchg(Sec) or...
KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019
52 Position Information Position Information Position Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019 Working Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker...