Texas medical students who are interested in finding creative and effective ways to enhance patient safety have great chance to apply for “TMLT Scholarship” which is provided by Texas Medical Liability Trust. You must be entering your third or fourth year at a Texas medical school in fall 2017 to apply for the scholarship. TMLT purposes are to make a positive impact on the quality of health care for Texans by educating, protecting, and defending physicians.Texas Medical Liability Trust will offer one $5,000 scholarship.
In 1979, TMLT was created by physician members of the Texas Medical Association to establish a source of affordable and stable malpractice insurance in Texas. Today, governed by a Board of Trustees whose members are all physicians, TMLT sets the standard for coverage and service that is unmatched in Texas and in our industry. TMLT is rated An (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company and is exclusively endorsed by the Texas Medical Association.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Be entering their third or fourth year at a Texas medical school in Fall 2017
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Be able to communicate a commitment to patient safety through an essay
How to Apply
- Applicants should go through the given link and download the application form: https://www.tmlt.org/tmlt/dam/jcr:4b447077-a306-4a53-83f5-5e513f8ef1f0/2017%20Scholarship%20Application_fillable.pdf
- Applicants must provide a statement of financial need.
- Applicants must write a short essay (no more than 500 words) describing the risk management considerations for a closed claim study provided with the application.
All application materials can be sent by email to sales-at-tmlt.org.
You can send your application by mail to:
TMLT, Attn: Hannah Morgan, PO Box 160140, Austin, TX 78716
Physical address (for applications sent by Federal Express or UPS):
TMLT Attn: Hannah Morgan
901 S. Mopac Expressway Bldg 5 Ste 500
Austin, TX 78746
Financial Aid and Award Money:
TMLT will award one $5,000 scholarship in October 2017 to a Texas medical student.
Deadline to apply for the scholarship is September 1, 2017, and winners will be announced in October.
Questions? Please contact to Hannah Morgan at 800-580-8658 ext. 5926 or hannah-morgan-at-tmlt.org.