The University of Colorado is pleased to offer The Bob Kossman Scholarship for high School students who have GPA of 3.5 or above. The scholarship is available to a descendant (child or grandchild) of US military personnel killed or injured in service of the country. The scholarship was conceived to support the strength of the nation through higher education and to give back to families of those who have served. The award amount varies. Tuition, fees, and expenses are covered for military legacy families with the Bob Kossman Scholarship.
The University of Colorado is a public research university with multiple campuses serving Colorado, the nation, and the world through leadership in high-quality education and professional training, public service, advancing research and knowledge, and state-of-the-art health care.
The Bob Kossman Scholarship is a unique opportunity for incoming CU Denver Freshmen with the following qualifications:
- A descendant (child or grandchild) of a US military personnel killed or injured in service of the country
- OR are a current US military, police or fire service employee or member of their immediate family
- A high School GPA of 3.5 or above
- A demonstrated financial need (as determined by your FAFSA data)
- An engineering, math, liberal arts, and sciences, or related major
How to Apply
- Before applying for the Bob Kossman Scholarship, you must have a new freshman application pending for admission to CU Denver. Fill the online scholarship application form through the given link: https://cudenveradmissions.org/freshman/index.cfm?utm_source=Scholarships&utm_medium=BobKossmanScholarship&utm_campaign=FASO
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is available from October 1st for the following academic year. They will use your FAFSA data to determine financial need, a key qualification of the Bob Kossman Scholarship.
- Once you’re accepted to CU Denver and have received your access credentials, you’ll apply for the Bob Kossman Scholarship in UCDAccess. Apply through the given link: https://passport.ucdenver.edu/login.php
- A copy of your resume
- A general essay, included with most institutional scholarships
- A special essay, specific to the Bob Kossman Scholarship
- An on-campus interview (for top-qualifying candidates)
Award varies. Tuition, fees, and expenses are covered for military legacy families with the Bob Kossman Scholarship.
The deadline to apply for the Bob Kossman Scholarship is close of business on Wednesday, February 22, 2017.