CM CARES, the Church Mutual Insurance Company Foundation is pleased to announce Religious Scholars Program to financially support religious students in their pursuit of a career in ministry. The program is open to students who are enrolled in advanced degree (postsecondary) religious studies program. The CM CARES Religious Scholars Program is offering up to fifty (50) scholarships awards of $5,000 each. The scholarship is for religious scholars to use towards the completion of their academic year.
Church Mutual Insurance Company was founded on March 4, 1897, by two Lutheran pastors and eight laymen from two Merrill congregations. Church Mutual’s mission is to be the premier provider of insurance services to their customers in the religious institutional marketplace and other compatible markets.
Applicants for the Church Mutual Religious Scholars Program must:
- Be enrolled in a full-time, advanced degree (postsecondary) religious studies program at an accredited theological seminary, college or university of higher learning, for the entire 2017-18 academic year.
- Demonstrate personal impact throughout education, work experiences, and volunteerism.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent.
- Be committed to entering the practice of full-time ministry in the United States following completion of studies, including leading a denominational congregation, or worship group, or serving in religious leadership at a house of worship.
- Students serving in their final year of an internship program are also eligible to apply.
- Students across all denominations are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To be applying for the scholarship, the candidate may register or create a new account through the given link: https://www.scholarsapply.org/cmcares-scholars/
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- Complete and current transcripts of grades- Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades, and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A letter of recommendation from a current theological instructor or clergy member
- An essay (500 words or less) “How will you use your advanced religious study to impact the greater good and to improve the human condition?”
The CM CARES Religious Scholars Program is offering 50 scholarships of $5,000 each for a total of $250,000 for the academic year2017-18.Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
Applications will be close on April 15th, 2017. The 50 scholarship recipients will be announced in May 2017.
If you have any query, contact and ask for the Church Mutual Religious Scholars Program at email: cmcares-scholars-at-scholarshipamerica.org or call: 1-507-931-1682