The Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) is offering scholarship The Daniel B. Goldberg Scholarship, funded by the Girard Miller Foundation. The scholarship is available to a full-time graduate student who is pursuing an advanced degree and is preparing for a career in state and local government finance. The scholarship is aimed to recognize outstanding performances by graduate program students preparing for a career in state and local government finance. One scholarship of $14,000 is available for award in 2017.
The Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) was founded in 1906, represents public finance officials throughout the United States and Canada. GFOA’s mission is to promote excellence in state and local government financial management.
- Currently a full-time student in a graduate program that prepares students for careers in state and local government finance and expecting to be enrolled in the spring 2017 semester (including spring 2017 graduates).
- Baccalaureate degree or its equivalent.
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
- Recommendation by your academic advisor or the dean of the graduate program.
- Student has not been a past winner of a scholarship program administered by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada
How to Apply
Interested candidate can download the scholarship application through the given link:
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration by the scholarship selection committee:
- Application form.
- Statement of proposed career plan in state and local government finance and plan of graduate study. – Undergraduate and graduate grade transcripts.
- Academic advisor’s or dean’s letter of recommendation.
- Graduate program faculty and other letters of recommendation (optional)
Candidate must be, complete application postmarked at:
Government Finance Officers Association,
Scholarship Committee, 203 North LaSalle Street,
Suite 2700, Chicago, Illinois 60601-1210
The Daniel B. Goldberg Scholarship winner will receive $14,000 scholarship amount.
The application deadline is February 10, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at: rkotchen-at-gfoa.org or call at 312/977-9700