The Great Minds in STEM Organization is offering HENAAC Scholars Program that consists of three types of scholarships named as Corporate/Government Sponsored Scholarships, Special Recognition Scholarships, and In Memoriam and Personal Tribute Scholarships. Applicants must be of Hispanic origin and enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program. The goal of the program is to ensure STEM college retention with a 3.0-grade point average or higher, to guarantee college graduation and to contribute to Hispanic communities and securing the country’s place as the finest technological leader in the world. The scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $10,000 will be granted.
The vision of Great Minds in STEM Organization is to be a national leader in keeping America technologically strong by promoting Science, Technology, Engineering and Math careers, especially in underserved communities.
- Applicants must demonstrate merit through academic achievements, leadership, and campus/community activities
- Applicants must be pursuing a science, technology, engineering or math degree
- Applicants must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants must be of Hispanic origin and/or must significantly demonstrate leadership or service within the Hispanic community
- Recipients must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program for the preceding fall semester, at an accredited 2-yr or 4-yr college/university in the U.S. or its territories.
How to Apply
The 2016-17 Scholarship Application Portal is now closed. The 2017-18 Scholarship Application will open in February 2017.
- A 700-word essay based on a predetermined topic
- Current resume
- One peer letter of recommendation from a friend, classmate, lab partner, roommate, teammate, or fellow member of a campus or community organization
- One faculty letter of recommendation from a faculty, teacher, mentor, advisor, counselor, principal, dean, or MEP Director
- Official transcript with the seal of your college or high school (Transcripts must be in English)
- Self-photo (used for publication purposes only)
- A merit-based scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $10,000
- Listing in the HENAAC STEM Career Conference issue of TECHNiCA Magazine and press release
- Transportation support to the HENAAC STEM Career Conference, where Scholars are presented with their scholarship alongside the sponsor
The application deadline every year is April 30.
For additional information regarding the HENAAC Scholars Program, you can contact Dr. Gary Cruz at scholars-at-greatmindsinstem.org