The Lisa Michelle Memorial Fund is offering Scholarship Program for part-time or full-time enrolled in a college or university. The scholarship is provided to a student that has lost a parent to substance abuse whether it was caused by drug, alcohol, or prescription drug addiction. Applicants must submit all required materials to be considered. The winning candidates will get $1000 scholarship award.
The Lisa Michelle Memorial Fund is a division of CHARITYSMITH: National Society of Memorial Funds, a 501(c)3 public charity dedicated to the creation and governing of memorial endeavors
- Applicants must be a legal US citizen and enrolled in a college or university located in the United States.
- Applicants must show proof of part-time or full-time enrollment in a college or university. Proof of enrollment would include:
- Proof of registration from the registrar’s office
- Class schedule that has your name and student ID number
- Prior to the scholarship being sent, there must be verification of registration and/or enrollment for the fall term.
- Applicants must show proof of a 3.0 minimum grade point average by submitting a recent transcript.
- Applicants must have had a parent or guardian who passed away due to substance abuse. They must have written verification that this was the cause of death.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates can download scholarship application form from the given link: https://thelmmfunddotorg.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/the-lmm-fund-scholarship-application-2017.pdf
- Applicants must be nominated by a teacher or guidance counselor. They are required to submit an essay in which they discuss their feelings about America and the privilege of living and working in this country and also discuss how they became involved in helping their community, school, or fellow citizens.
Applicants must submit an essay of approximately 800-1500 words that describes the following:
- How your parent or guardian passed away and how you got through that difficult time in your life
- What your biggest challenges were being a student with a parent struggling with addiction
- What your education means to you and your family
- Why you feel you should be awarded this scholarship
- How this scholarship will make a difference in your life
All documents must be submitted via email at info.theLMMFund-at-gmail.com
One scholarship of $1,000 amount will be given to the winning candidate.
The completed application must be submitted on or before April 30, 2017.
If you have questions, you can contact at https://thelmmfund.org/contact/