The Water Works Operators’ Association of Pennsylvania (WWOAP) is proud to announce the 2017 David A. Long, Ph.D. Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship is open to high school students who may select an out of state institution, such as a technical institute, college, university, or graduate school. The purpose of the award is to encourage higher education relating to the water works industry. The WWOAP will worth (2) two scholarship of $1,500 each and also provide to winners a free student membership for WWOAP.
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the Water Works Operators’ Association of Pennsylvania was established and organized in 1927 to improve and advance the public water supply industry across the WWOAP remains faithful to that creed and objective today.
- A US citizen
- A Pennsylvania Resident, but may select an out of state institution, such as a technical institute, college, university, or graduate school. You are considered a PA resident if you:
- Pay PA income tax (or your parent(s)),
- Possess a valid PA driver’s license, 3) registered to vote in PA, or 4) registered a personal property such as your car with PA.
- Currently, a graduate or undergraduate student and will enroll in fall 2017.
- Preferably in a course of study that will have application to the water supply industry and has not previously received this award.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, interested candidates may complete an online application by the given link http://www.wwoap.org/online-scholarship-application.html
- Upload a 1-page essay on your career goals and why you feel that you are a strong candidate for this scholarship
- Upload a 1-page resume
- One reference letter from a professor in your current program. Provide your professor’s contact information and the request for reference will be sent directly to your professor. We will notify you once the letter is received and your application is complete.
- Two awards available with $1500 each.
- The awardee will also receive a free student membership for WWOAP.
- The scholarship will be presented at the WWOAP annual conference at State College during the awards banquet on Monday, Aug 7, 2017. The awardee is encouraged to attend the banquet but not required.
- Monies in amount of the grant will be presented directly to the Bursar of the successful awardee’s school as soon as the selected awardee has presented acceptable evidence of successfully completing his/her first term or semester with an average of not less than a “C” or its equivalent and that he/she has commenced his/her second term or semester for the grant school year.
The application submission deadline due on April 1st, 2017.
For further inquiry, contact the scholarship committee chair, Dr. Yen-Chih Chen at yuc12-at-psu.edu