The Delta Air Lines Foundation in partnership with UNCF has pleased to announce a scholarship program “Delta Air Lines New York Scholarships”. The scholarship program is open to full-time students who are currently enrolled at any accredited 4-year college or university located in U.S. The program is designed to help the college or university students who have financial need and are residing in or permanent residents of the State of New York. Through the scholarships, the foundation will award a one-time need-based scholarship of up to $5000 to successful candidates for the 2017-18 academic year.
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is a major American airline with a history back to 1924, its headquarters and largest hub at Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia.The Foundation concentrated on organizations promoting diversity, education and health and wellness, as well as organizations supporting veterans and service members.
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at any U.S located, accredited 4-year college or university
- 4-year college or university students as a college freshman, college sophomore, college junior, college senior, college 5th-year senior
- Be of any undergraduate classification from freshman through 5the year senior
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Reside in or be a permanent resident of the State of New York
- Have a demonstrated unmet, financial need
- If you are a graduating high school senior entering your freshman year during the 2017-2018 academic school, select freshman as your classification
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant may submit an online application by the register or create an account through the given link: https://scholarships.uncf.org/Program/Details/0939401c-f335-4d89-95e8-ad70c5ec10f3?auto=Apply
- One to two-page essay describing your financial need for the scholarship and how it will impact the pursuit of your education
- Current transcript
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a faculty member or university/college administrator
The recipients will be awarded a one-time need-based scholarship of up to $5000 for the 2017-18 academic year.
The application deadline is August 18, 2017.
If you have any questions, contact by email to Jeff Darden II at Jeff.darden-at-uncf.org