The Nsoro Foundation is proud to be announcing an exciting “Nsoro scholarship” opportunity for foster care students.The scholarship program is opened for high school graduate or equivalent who have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and a SAT score of over 900/ACT over 21. The scholarship program supports you as you matriculate on to college or trade school. The Awards range from $1,000 – $10,000 for the scholarship.
The Nsoro is an Educational Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to cultivate a “circle of support” that nurtures and provides guidance to children in foster care, kinship care and those who have aged out of care.
To receive the scholarship program, a beneficiary must:
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent and have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and a SAT score of over 900/ACT over 21.
- Have been accepted into or expect to be accepted into an accredited, Pell-eligible college or another post-secondary school.
- Plan to attend school as a full-time
- Be under the age of 25 on March 31 of the year in which they apply if they have not previously received funding from NSORO Foundation.
- Have been in foster care or orphaned while living in the United States. U.S. citizenship is not required.
- Those students who have been NSORO scholars for four years will be considered for advanced degree support.
How to Apply
To be applying for the scholarship, the applicant must download the application through the given links:https://www.thenf.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2016-2017_scholarship_app.pdf/
The applicant also must download the following forms and return with your application:
- Applicants must download theacademic information release form through the given link:https://www.thenf.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2016-Academic-Information-Release-From.pdf
- You can download thefinancial aid verification form through the given link:https://www.thenf.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2016-Finanical-Aid-Verification-Form.pdf
- You can download thestudent contact information update form through the given link:https://www.thenf.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2016-Student-Contact-Information-Update-Form.pdf
The scholarship recipients must provide the following information:
- Attach three typed letters of recommendation from teachers, employers, and community leaders (use form provided)
- Forward your current official high school or college transcript with the name, phone number, email address and signature of the school’s registrar.
- A copy of your SAT or ACT scores
- A copy of your college acceptance letter
- Documentation of State Foster Care
A complete application must be mailed to the following address:
P. O. Box 724445,
Atlanta, GA 31139
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Awards range from $1,000 – $10,000 per academic year and are renewable for up to five years if a student remains eligible.
The Application deadline for the scholarship is April 17, 2017.