The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Utah is pleased to announce 2017 Youth Activist Scholarship program. The scholarship program is open to current high school senior planning on entering an accredited college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking student. The ACLU of Utah will award to eligible college bound Utah high school seniors who have demonstrated a strong commitment to civil liberties through some form of activism. Winners will receive two scholarships $1,500 respectively.
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is the nation’s largest non-partisan guardian of freedom with more than 500,000 members and supporters and affiliate or national chapter offices in all fifty states and Puerto Rico.
- Be a Utah resident
- Be a current high school senior planning on entering an accredited college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking student
- Have attained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. If the GPA is less than 3.0, the applicant is still eligible but must submit an explanation for the lower GPA
- Have proof of strong commitment to civil liberties through some form of activism addressing such issues as equality, racial justice, free speech, religious freedom, tolerance, and privacy
How to Apply
Applying for the scholarship, interested students can download the application form through the given link: http://www.acluutah.org/images/PDFs-docs/2017_Scholarship_Application.pdf
- Two recommendations from non-family members. Recommendation forms are attached to the application.
- Essay describing the applicant’s activism on behalf of civil liberties o 1,000 words or less. Specific examples demonstrating the applicant’s dedication to civil liberties, challenges overcome, and leadership in action. Plans for continuing activist activities in college and beyond.
- Official high school transcript
Submit this completed application to the Youth Activist Scholarship Program, ACLU of Utah, 355 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84103
The ACLU of Utah is offering two scholarships of $1,500 each. For financial assistance in obtaining a college degree, distributed directly to the college that the winner will attend.
The application submission deadline is Monday, January 23, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at scholarship-at-acluutah.org