Worldstudio Foundation, in conjunction with AIGA (American Institute of Graphic Arts), the professional association for design, provides scholarships to minority and economically disadvantaged students who are studying design and arts disciplines in colleges and universities in the United States.The program is available to undergraduate or graduate students who are in financial need and pursuing a degree at accredited colleges and universities in the United States. The primary aim of the program is to increase diversity in the creative professions and to foster social and environmental responsibility in the artists, designers, and studios of tomorrow.The winners of the scholarship will receive range from $2,000–$3,000.
The American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) is now known simply as “AIGA, the professional association for design.”AIGA, the professional association for design, is a nonprofit professional membership organization founded in 1914, incorporated in the state of New York and headquartered in New York City.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States or possess a green card. Having DACA certification and or a Social Security number does not make you eligible.
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a discipline with the intention of pursuing that discipline as a career.
- Applicants must be matriculated (or planning to matriculate) at accredited colleges and universities in the United States for the Fall 2017/Spring 2018 academic year with the intention of maintaining full-time status for the entire year. If you do not yet know which school you will attend, put your first choice.
- Though not a requirement, minority status is a significant factor considered in jury decisions.
- Students must have at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Scholarships are only awarded to those students who are in financial need.
- Applicants must, therefore, provide complete Financial Aid information on the scholarship form and have the form signed by his/her Financial Aid Officer.
- Students must be enrolled for the full Fall 2017/Spring 2018 academic year
How to Apply
To be applying for the scholarship, the applicant may submit online application through the given link: https://worldstudio.secure-platform.com/a/page/AIGA-Worldstudio
- Personal information
- School information
- Written statement of purpose: You will need to write a statement of purpose and enter it online. In your statement, address the following in no more than 600 words.
- Write a brief autobiography, explaining how your experiences have influenced your creative work and your career plans.
- In the future, how do you see yourself as a creator contributing to the community at large?
- Financial information
- School transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation (You will need to provide the following information online about who will be sending letters of recommendation. Name, Title, Phone and Email)
Mail your materials in one package to:
Worldstudio AIGA Scholarships
Attention: Lilly Smith
233 Broadway, 17th floor
New York NY 10279
212 710 3111
Basic scholarships are awarded in the amounts of $2,000–$3,000. One or two top awards may be given in an amount up to $5,000 at the jury’s discretion. Each award is paid directly to the recipient’s school and applied toward tuition. In addition, honorable mention prizes in the amount of $500 cash are also awarded.
The application for the 2017-2018 school year will be available through our online application system from February 20 through May 1, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. PST.