Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship is sponsored by Bristol-Myers Squibb and it is administered by Scholarship America. Persons, who have been diagnosed by a physician as having had treatment for cancer and survived, can apply to this program. The scholarship program is intended to assist cancer survivors who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs. The winner will receive a scholarship prize in the amount of ten thousand dollars $10,000.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global BioPharma company firmly focused on its mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines to patients with serious diseases. The BMS mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
To receive the Bristol-Myers Squibb Scholarship, a recipient must:
- Be cancer survivors, age 25 and under, who are high school seniors or graduates, or current postsecondary undergraduates.
- Be persons who have been diagnosed by a physician as having had treatment for cancer and survive
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
How to Apply
Applying to the scholarship, you can register yourself through the given link. After that you can complete the scholarship application form. The link is:
- Current complete transcript(s) of grades. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grade and credit hours earned for each course, and term in which each course was taken.
- Completed Applicant Appraisal Form. Download it through the given link: https://www.scholarsapply.org/uploads/bms/AA.pdf
- In addition to uploading the two documents above, you must submit the following Diagnosis Verification Form to your physician to be completed and faxed directly to Scholarship America. The link is: https://www.scholarsapply.org/uploads/bms/Verification%20Form.pdf
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The student will receive a $10,000 award. Up to fifty (50) awards will be granted, students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2017.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship, please email cancer-survivors-at-scholarshipamerica.org or you can call on 1-507-931-1682