The Turf and Ornamental Communicators Association (TOCA) is glad to announce scholarship program to an undergraduate college student pursuing a career in green industry communications. The determination of TOAC is to increase the professionalism of the industry through quality publications and all aspects of marketing communications. Winning candidate of TOCA scholarship program will receive $2,500 award.
The Turf and Ornamental Communicators Association (TOCA) serves communicators in the green industry by fostering an open exchange of information regarding issues that affect how we communicate to our various audiences.
- To qualify, students must major or minor in communications or a green industry related field such as horticulture, plant sciences, botany, agronomy, plant pathology, etc., with the intent of using his/her communication skills as part of a career path. The applicant also must demonstrate an interest in using this course of study in the field of communications on a regular basis.
- Applicants must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or above and a 3.0 in the major area of study (based on a 4.0 scale). Students enrolled in the fall of 2015 can apply for the scholarship. Eligibility, as determined by the TOCA Board of Directors, extends to two and four-year program students attending institutions that offer turf management curriculums and communications.
- The scholarship will be awarded through the bursar’s office at the recipient’s college or university.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download the application form from the given link:
With this application, please include all the following:
- References: Two academic/professional references. (Include letters of recommendation with this application.)
- Applications should be typed vs. hand-written
- Writing/editing sample: One news article published or prepared for publication.
- Essay: 500 words or less describing your career goals and how you intend to use communications in your work life. Please describe:
- How you became interested in the turf and ornamental industry.
- Your written and verbal communications experience and what you bring to the field.
- Your professional goals.
- Transcript: Listing of college classes completed or a listing of horticulture and/or communications classes and grades signed by your instructor.
Applicants email the complete application packet to:
The Turf and Ornamental Communicators Association will award one $2,500 fall semester scholarship (2017-2018 academic years).
The complete application packet must be submitted by March 1, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at toca-at-gandgcomm.com