The University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma is awarding one of the most prestigious scholarships named as the “President’s Leadership Council Scholarship”. It is not only awarded in recognition of academic excellence, but also for demonstrated potential for leadership and service. The program is open to high school seniors who are accepting for admission to USAO as entering freshmen. Winners of the Council scholarship will receive $3,800 per academic year. Recipients become members of the President’s Leadership Council (PLC).
“Nationally ranked for quality and value, the University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma has served as the state’s only public liberal arts college for over a century and remains committed to providing a broad and accessible undergraduate education.”
- All applicants must apply and be accepted for admission to USAO as entering freshmen prior to the scholarship deadline.
- Applicants must have a high school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale and a composite ACT score of 24 (1090 SAT) or higher.
- Applicants must be residents of Oklahoma, a citizen of the United States, live on campus and be full-time degree seeking students.
- Applicants must maintain the contract requirements (GPA, attendance, leadership positions, participation, etc.) for renewal each year.
How to Apply
In order to apply, candidates can download the application form through the given link:
- A single envelope (packet) containing one copy each of the following 7 items, in the order, listed. Do not staple the materials together. All items must be single-sided.
- A completed USAO President’s Leadership Council Scholarship Application (the final page of this document).
- An official and certified 6 or 7-semester high school transcript if one has not been provided with the Admissions Application.
- ACT and/or SAT scores if they were not provided with your Admissions application.
- A list of your high school senior-year classes if they do not appear on the transcript.
- An academic statement. Describe how you intend to combine your academic interests, collegiate extracurricular activities and your own personal strengths towards your development as a scholar and a leader at USAO and beyond. (1 page, 400 words maximum.)
- One essay in response to one of these three options: (1 page, 500 words maximum.)
- Write an original and imaginative essay addressing the prompt: “They said it couldn’t be done”.
- In your opinion, what is the greatest challenge your generation will face? What ideas do you have for addressing this issue?
- Select a creative work: a novel, film, poem, musical piece, painting or other work of art that has influenced you significantly. Discuss the work and the effect it has on you.
- Include a single-sided 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper with almost anything you want to provide to the review committee. (Do not include photos of the applicant or improperly referenced copyrighted material).
- Mail your application packet to Admissions Office 1727 W. Alabama Chickasha, OK 73018-5322
- You may fax the completed application to (405) 574-1220. Attn: Admission Office e-mail the complete application to usao-admissions-at-usao.edu
- The President’s Leadership Council Scholarship includes a partial tuition waiver in the amount of $3,800 per academic year and the value of a double occupancy room in Sparks Residence Hall (the equivalent amount may also be applied towards other on-campus housing).
- The scholarship is renewable for up to 4 years (8 semesters, fall and spring only) and the estimated value per year is $6,730, based on the 2016-2017 year.
- This scholarship is awarded to a limited number of selected high school seniors entering each fall.
Your application must be received by the Admissions Office no later than 5:00 p.m. CST on February 10, 2017.
If you have any query, contact to: Phone- (405) 574-1357, Fax- (405) 574-1220, Email- usao-admissions-at-usao.edu