The WSCGA Foundation not only supports the athletic dreams of the young golfers but also academic pursuits and talents through scholarship awards. Hence they are offering its WSCGA Golf scholarship to full-time female students who are enrolled an accredited college or university. The WSCGA gives the opportunity to women and young people, to build their confidence and self-esteem. Scholarship renewal is dependent upon the student’s good standing at her college or university.
The WSCGA Foundation formed in 2002 and supported by the Women’s Southern California Golf Association (WSCGA). It is a 501c(3) non-profit organization providing outreach to women and youth in Southern California through academic scholarships, grants to recreational and high school golf programs, golf equipment donation and community program initiatives.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must complete high school by September 1st of the current year.
- Applicant must be a Southern California resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student, defined as one who is taking 12 or more hours in a course of study leading to an Associate or Baccalaureate degree at an accredited college or university in the United States.
- Applicant must be female.
- Applicant must have a grade point average of 3.2 or higher.
- Applicant must play golf.
How to Apply
In order to apply, candidates can download the application form through the given links:
- New Application: http://www.wscgafoundation.com/downloads/ScholarshipApp_New.pdf
- Renewal Application: http://www.wscgafoundation.com/downloads/ScholarshipApp_Renewal.pdf
Submit an essay of no more than 1,000 words on why you selected your major. Describe your relevant academic and professional experience to date as well as your interests, inspiration, and experiences that have influenced your desire to study and work in this field. Address how golf and other sports (if applicable) will remain an integral part of your undergraduate experience.
Send completed application, typed essay and applicant photograph by May 15 of the current year to:
402 West Arrow Highway, Suite 10
San Dimas, CA 91773
Below is a description of the WSCGA Foundation specialized scholarship funds. The Foundation also offers a general scholarship for applicants who do not meet the criteria for one of the funds below.
- The Anne Trabue Scholarship Fund: English and Journalism
- The Bev Granger Scholarship Fund: Biological Sciences, Nursing, and Pre-Med
- The Mimi Deatherage Scholarship Fund: Law
- The Flo Scott Scholarship Fund
- The Desert Fund sponsored by Palm Valley Ladies Golf Association
The annually general scholarship deadline is 4:00 p.m. May 15. Scholarships are renewable each year, and recipients are encouraged to reapply as long as they are pursuing a degree.
If you have any question, contact to the WSCGA Foundation office at (909) 592‐1281, extension 212, or via email at info-at-wscgafoundation.org