The annual AbbVie CF Scholarship is now accepting applications! In honor of the 25th year of the scholarship program, the AbbVie Company is now offering Scholarship to undergraduate or graduate students who are diagnosed with cystic fibrosis(CF). The purpose of the program provides financial assistance toward higher education for exceptional students living with cystic fibrosis (CF). The winners will get up to $3,000 scholarship award for use during the academic year 2017-2018.
AbbVie may have been founded in 2013, but our roots run deep. In 2013, we became a separate company from Abbott, though we share a common legacy and strong prospects for future success. They’re a company that takes on the toughest health challenges. But they do more than treat diseases—their aim to make a remarkable impact on people’s lives. They are AbbVie, a highly focused research-driven biopharmaceutical company.
To be considered for the scholarship, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
Each applicant must be:
- A United States citizen or a legal and permanent resident of the United States
- Diagnosed with CF by a physician
- Enrolled in or awaiting acceptance from an accredited institution (college, university or trade/vocational school) for an educational program during the 2017-2018 academic year
- Students applying for this scholarship must be enrolled in an undergraduate(Associate’s/2-year college, Bachelor’s/4-year college, trade/vocational school) or graduate program in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Students in their final year of undergraduate study may only apply if they will be pursuing a graduate program in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Employees of AbbVie and their immediate family members are not eligible. Healthcare providers and their immediate family members are not eligible.
- Applicants must have completed high school or obtained a General Educational Development (GED) certification on or before June 2017.
How to Apply
To apply, applicant can sing in or create an account through the given link: https://www.abbviecfscholarship.com/apply
- Academic record and extracurricular activities
- Creative presentation
- Forty (40) AbbVie CF Scholars will be selected to receive $3,000 for use during the 2017-2018 academic year
- In honor of the 25th year of the scholarship program, each scholar will be given the opportunity to compete for a Thriving Student Scholarship in one of two categories based on the level of study. The Thriving Undergraduate Student and Thriving Graduate Student will each be awarded a total of $25,000 (the original $3,000 AbbVie CF Scholarship plus an additional $22,000 scholarship)
The applicants may submit their application anytime during the application acceptance period from on April 5 at 11:00 AM (ET) through on May 24, 2017, at 11:00 AM (ET).Scholars will be notified on or around June 26, 2017
If you have any questions related to the scholarship program and/or application process may be directed to the program administrator at info-at-AbbVieCFScholarship.com.