The Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) offers Scholarships to qualified students in water resources-related fields in each spring. Students who are attending a four-year, full-time as a junior or senior for the entire academic year at publicly funded college or university in California, are eligible to apply. ACWA began its scholarship program in 1961 to motivate committed students to join the effort to ensure California’s water quality through sound management policies. The ACWA will worth two $3,500 scholarships to be applied to tuition and fees for the upcoming academic year.
The Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) is the largest statewide coalition of public water agencies in the country.ACWA was formed in 1910 by five irrigation districts.
- Applicants must be a California resident at the time of application
- Applicants must be attending an accredited, University of California or California State University at the start of the 2017-’18 academic year
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a water resources-related field of study related to engineering, agricultural and/ or urban water supply, environmental studies or public administration
- Applicants must be at least a junior at the time of the award
- Applicants must commit to full-time enrollment (12-semester units or 16 quarter units) for the entire 2017-’18 academic year
How to Apply
In order to apply, the candidate can download the application form from the given link:
- Applicants must submit at least two current letters of recommendation (but no more than three current letters of recommendation), with at least one of the letters originating from a college professor or employer
- Applicants must submit official transcripts from each college they have attended, sealed transcripts are not required but photocopied transcripts and printed class schedules will not be accepted.
Submit completed application online or return to ACWA Scholarship Program, 910 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
Each year, ACWA awards two $3,500 scholarships to qualified students to be applied to tuition and fees for the upcoming academic year.
The 2016-2017 applications must be postmarked by March 1, 2017. (Deadline extended from Feb. 1.)