The California Fire Foundation is pleased to announce the Daniel A. Terry Scholarship. The program is open to student who possesses a high school diploma or equivalent or is in the final year of high school and also is under 27 years of age at the application closing date. The purpose of the program provides higher education financial assistance to the children of California’s fallen firefighters. The program will provide up to $2,000 scholarship award to each winning candidates.
The California Fire Foundation, a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization, provides emotional and financial assistance to families of fallen firefighters, firefighters and the communities they protect. Formed in 1987 by California Professional Firefighters, the California Fire Foundation’s mandate includes an array of survivor and victim assistance projects and community initiatives
To be eligible for the Daniel A. Terry Scholarship,
- An applicant must be the natural or legally adopted child of a California firefighter who died in the line of duty and whose name appears or is approved to appear on the California Firefighters Memorial Wall.
- Applicants must also be under 27 years of age at the application closing date
- Applicant must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, or be in the final year of high school.
How to Apply
To be applying, the applicant can download application through the given link: http://www.cafirefoundation.org/cms/assets/uploads/2017/05/Dan-Terry-Scholarship-2017-1.pdf
Application for the scholarship must include:
- Certification of enrollment from your university or post-secondary institution (or Schedule of classes).
- A jpeg family photo for our files and to use in Foundation related material.
- A brief essay (no more than 500 words typed), prepared by the applicant, on the following topic:
- “How did your experience as a child of a fallen firefighter affect your life and how will this scholarship impact your future?”
- Autobiography (2 pages maximum).
The applicant can mail their complete application with all required documents to
Daniel A. Terry Scholarship
c/o California Fire Foundation
1780 Creekside Oaks Drive
Sacramento, CA 95833
- Each scholarship award amount is $2,000.
- A scholarship recipient is not eligible to re-apply for a Daniel A. Terry Scholarship award if they have already received one
The 2017 Daniel A. Terry Scholarship application deadline will close on July 1, 2017. Scholarship awards will be announced in the month of July 2017.
If you have any question, contact by email at cafirefoundation-at-cpf.org or by phone: (800) 890-3213