The American Fire Sprinkler Association, (AFSA) is glad to announce its “2nd Chance Scholarship”. The Second Chance College Scholarships Contest is open to citizens and aliens legally residing in the USA with high School Diploma, GED or equivalent. AFSA’s mission is promoting an environment that attracts trains and retains men and women within the fire sprinkler industry through a comprehensive apprenticeship training program. The award amount of the scholarship is a total of $5,000.
The American Fire Sprinkler Association, (AFSA) is a non-profit, international association representing merit shop fire sprinkler contractors, dedicated to the educational advancement of its members and promotion of the use of automatic fire sprinkler systems.
The list eligibility criteria are given below:
- The Second Chance College Scholarships Contest is open to citizens and aliens legally residing in the USA with High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Scholarship funds are payable to the winner’s college/university or certified trade school in the United States; winner must enroll or already be enrolled for Spring 2018 session.
- Winner selection is NOT based on financial need, GPA or demographic
- Relatives of AFSA staff or NATIONAL board members may not enter.
- Past winners of AFSA’s High School Senior Scholarship Contest or AFSA’s Second Chance College Scholarships Contest are not eligible to win this contest.
How to Apply
You can enter in this 2nd Chance Scholarship through the given link: https://www.afsascholarship.org/2nd-chance-entry-form/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- A total of $5,000 in college scholarships is awarded. Five (5) winners will receive a college scholarship of $1,000 each. Only one $1,000 college scholarship will be awarded to any single individual from this contest.
- College scholarships are paid directly to the educational institution in the entrant’s account to be used for tuition and/or books for the spring 2018 session.
Application will be accepted from 12:00 p.m. (noon) CDT April 12, 2017 until 12:00 p.m. (noon) CDT August 30, 2017.