The County Engineers Association of California (CEAC) is delighted to announce the CEAC Memorial Scholarship Program. The program is open to qualified Engineering or Land Surveying students for study leading to a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or land surveying. The CEAC’s purpose is “To advance county engineering and management by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information aimed at improving service to the public”. Winning candidates will get up to three $2,000 cash scholarships.
The County Engineers Association of California (CEAC) was formed in 1914, is comprised of county engineers, public works directors, county road commissioners, and professional personnel throughout California’s 58 counties.
To eligible the applicant must:
- Be enrolled in upper division course work leading to a Civil Engineering or Land Surveying Degree with a high-grade point average
- Have demonstrated a need for the scholarship
- Have participated in related outside activities such as a Student Chapter ASCE, Student Member CLSA or American Public Works Association.
How to Apply
To apply for the program, the candidate can download an application form and write a professional and educational goals letter. The link is: http://www.ceaccounties.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/2017_CEAC-Scholarship-Application-Form.pdf
Write a professional and educational goals letter: attach a letter stating:
- Your professional and educational goals and how you plan to attain them
- Why you are applying for this scholarship, indicating if you are working while in school and the percentage of your educational expenses that you are paying;
- Your participation in outside activities, such as Student Chapter ASCE, Student Member CLSA or APWA.
This letter will have considerable weight in grading the merits of the applicant, as well as the student’s grade point average and the need of the applicant.
The applicants can submit an application by the following ways:
- Electronic applications: must be emailed to Lori Price at lori.price-atlakecountyca.gov. (Include “CEAC Scholarship Application 2017” in the email subject line.)
- Hard copy applications: must be postmarked and submitted to-
Scott DeLeon, Chair
CEAC Memorial Fund and Scholarship Committee
Public Works Department
255 N. Forbes Street
Lakeport, CA 95453
The County Engineers Association of California will grant up to three $2,000 cash scholarships to qualified Engineering or Land Surveying students for study leading to a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or land surveying.
The complete application must be submitted no later than Friday, June 30, 2017.
If you have question, e-mail: scott.deleon-at-lakecountyca.gov or lori.price-at-lakecountyca.gov or phone: (707) 263-2341