Australian Postgraduate Scholarships (general category)
The Australian-American Fulbright Commission offers up to 5 Postgraduate Scholarships to:
- Graduates seeking to complete up to two semesters of their Australian postgraduate program in the U.S.
- Graduate students to undertake an American postgraduate program such as a Master’s degree
- Graduate students undertaking their Australian PhD to conduct research in the U.S. as a Visiting Student Researcher (VSR)
These awards are available in any field/discipline.
Scholarship entitlements and duration vary per award; please see individual scholarships for details. Awards generally include:
- A living allowance
- Travel allowance for international flights to/from the United States
- Funding is available for up to 2 years and may include a tuition/ Visiting Student Researcher (VSR) fee allowance.
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only)
- Assistance with identifying and applying to host institutions via Placement Services
- National Australian Orientation Program, Showcase & Gala Presentation Dinner
- Enrichment activities in the United States with other international Fulbright scholars
- Access to a professional network of distinguished Australian and American Fulbright Alumni
- Ongoing assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities and pastoral care
- Media and publicity support
- To access specific funding amounts for 2018/19 please download the Scholarships Budget 2019 . Please note the budget is provided as a guide only and is subject to change.
How Do I Apply?
- Prior to applying, we strongly encourage applicants to read the Eligibility & Conditions section of the Australian Applicants page.
- Applications must be completed and submitted via the online portal (see below for instructions and access). Applications emailed or posted to the Commission cannot be considered.
- To discuss your application aspirations with someone in your area, please consider reaching out to one of our Campus Advisers .
- Please download the Australian Applicant checklist to include with your application.
Click here to check your eligibility status, then download the 2018-19 Student instructions.
Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Food Systems and Security
ARC Linkage Project, University of Sydney and TAFE NSW
Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Food Systems and Security
Humanities & Social Sciences
An opportunity is available for two outstanding PhD scholars to conduct research into the relationship between social enterprise and food security in the City of Sydney. The successful recipients will join a large research team working on a project with multiple partners, and will focus on one of the following two projects:
I. An examination of how to best use social enterprise models to engage with disadvantaged communities, or
II. A comparative study of how different economic policy environments across Australia have worked to enable or constrain the development of food-related social enterprisesThis Scholarship is supported by a grant from ARC Australian Laureate Fellowship.
Both scholars would also contribute to the larger project and the operations of the City’s incubator program, FoodLab Sydney.
This Scholarship is funded by a grant from ARC Linkage Project, University of Sydney and TAFE NSW.
a. The Scholarship is offered subject to applicants having an unconditional offer of admission or being currently enrolled in full-time studies in a PhD at the University of Sydney within the:
I. Department of Government and International Relations, or
II. Department of Media and Communications.
b. Applicants must also hold at least one of the following:
I. an Honours degree (First Class or Second Class upper),
II. a Master’s degree at high academic standard (e.g. conferred with Distinction) with a substantial research component, or
III. an equivalent qualification in Political/ International Relations, Media/Communications, or a closely related discipline.
c. Applicants must also demonstrate engagement with issues related to food systems, food politics/policy, food security and/or social enterprise.
a. The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the basis of:
I. academic merit,
II. curriculum vitae,
III. feedback from three academic referees, and
IV. a personal statement which demonstrates their experience and interest in food policy studies.
b. The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the nomination of the relevant research supervisor(s) in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Sydney.
The Scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance equivalent to the minimum Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarship rate (indexed on 1 January each year) for up to three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance. No extensions will be granted.
For further information, please refer to the terms and conditions .
Applications for this scholarship can be made through the Online Application Form .
01 January 2019
Testing Intern (2 positions available)
Woodside are offering several ACS Foundation Work Integrated Learning (WIL) scholarships / internships to work and learn in a dynamic and leading edge Digital environment.
Woodside is an Australian oil and gas company with a global presence, recognised for its world class capabilities as an explorer, a developer, a producer and a supplier. We are Australia’s most experienced LNG operator and largest independent oil and gas company. We are pioneering the application of advanced analytics and cognitive computing in our operations to leverage our collective knowledge and to support operational excellence.
Woodside recognises the value of diversity as a competitive advantage and strives to create a working environment where everyone feels free to bring their full selves to work every day.
The Autism Academy for Software Quality Assurance (AASQA) at Curtin University is an Australian social innovation initiative with the vision of harnessing the special talents of people with Autism Spectrum for the collective benefit of these individuals, the industry and the wider community. The mission of the AASQA is to enable individuals with Autism Spectrum to leverage their unique talents through outreach, training and educating, and graduate programs, so as to create pathways from schools to valued, long-term employment; whilst addressing the business needs of the Australian ICT industry facing challenges in attracting and retaining software and quality assurance testers within the sector.
Woodside the ACS Foundation and AASQA are in partnership to continue the Australia’s Specialist ACS Foundation WIL scholarships for undergraduates with Autism Spectrum and related conditions.
As an intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have the opportunity to enjoy our dynamic and innovative environment.
• Monitoring of data ingestion pipelines and processes
• Completeness, Quality, Timeliness etc
• Consistent implementation of daily monitoring and testing processes
• Responding to alerts and alarms from software failure and disruptions
• Manage and escalate identified issues and non-conformities
• Testing of Data Software and platform solutions
• Ensure comprehensive test coverage by finding bugs, defects and verifying fixes
• Investigate test failures and customer reports using your technical understanding of the product or tools
• Improve processes and regimes to get great accuracy and consistency in surveillance and testing
The working environment will be inclusive by investigating and accommodating the individual needs of the interns in terms of their working conditions prior to and during their employment.
- Possess knowledge of software engineering processes and tools (for example programming proficiency in languages, preferably Scala, Java, Python, .Net, SQL etc) algorithms and data structure
- Enjoy working digital centric environment
- A passion for using information technology and an eagerness to obtain practical experience within a supportive work environment.
- Ability to meet work deadlines
- Willingness to working well with others
- Attitude – enthusiastic, punctual/ reliable, professional.
Qualifications – Australian University Degree
Actively pursing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or a related field.
All WA undergraduate students on the Autism Spectrum and related conditions are welcome to apply for this scholarship opportunity.
Melbourne Graduate Scholarships
Melbourne Graduate Scholarships
The Melbourne School of Design offers a variety of fee remission scholarships to high achieving international students applying to eligible courses, covering a 25% or 50% fee remission.
No application is required. You will be automatically considered for this award.
Full benefit details
25-50% fee remission
Applicable study areas
Architecture, building and planning
Number of scholarships awarded
- Eligibility & selection criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be enrolled as a full-time student in an eligible postgraduate coursework degree
- obtain and hold a valid visa (as determined by the Department of Immigration)
- meet the satisfactory academic performance requirements for each semester of the course
- be available for promotional activities and able to represent the Melbourne School of Design
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Architectural Engineering
- Master of Construction Management
- Master of Landscape Architecture
- Master of Property
- Master of Urban and Cultural Heritage
- Master of Urban Design
- Master of Urban Planning
Selection is based on academic merit and will be offered to students with highest ranked entry score (calculated based on University of Melbourne admissions policy and procedures) as well as other requirements (i.e. Portfolio and personal statement).
What are the benefits?
A 25% or 50% fee remission scholarship.
Interested in an undergraduate Melbourne Scholarship? Register now
Get more on scholarships and other information to help you succeed at the University of Melbourne.
or call 13 MELB (13 6352)
International: +61 3 9035 5511
For complete listings of faculty-specific scholarships, please see individual faculty websites.
The information listed here is subject to change without notice. Where we have listed information about jointly run scholarships programs, please also see our partners’ websites. Information describing the number and value of scholarships awarded is indicative.
- About Scholarships
- Browse all scholarships
- Frequently asked questions
- Student stories
- Make a donation
- Australia Awards
- Contact us
Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions)
196 Position Details Position Information Recruitment/Posting Title Classroom Assistant II (Part Time-4 Positions) Posting Number 18TM0693 Department Ctr-Strategic Urban Ldrshp-Cmd...
Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker
128 Working Title Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment Ctr Student Worker Anticipated Starting Academic Term Fall Job Type Student Job Category...
Student Software Developer (FALL)
113 Student Software Developer (FALL) – Job Number: 183298 Organization : CIMMSJob Location : United States-Oklahoma-NormanSchedule : Part-timeWork Schedule: Flexible, 10-20 hours per weekSalary Range: $10.00Benefits Provided: No Required Attachments: Resume,...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Illustration/Drawing/Digital Media
76 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
Cross-Disciplinary Faculty Position: Ceramics/Digital Ceramics
47 Posting Details Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All...
JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE
51 Position Details Position Information Working Title JMU X-Labs Student Intern – IE Posting Number J1255 Position Type Institutional Employment...
General Archives Student Assistant
51 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title General Archives Student Assistant Requisition Number DU04595 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION Work Location...
Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant
38 Posting Details Posting Details Job Title Oral History Center Indexing Student Assistant Requisition Number DU03576 Department Name 88000:LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION...
Dullabh Education Award
49 About the scholarship Application status: Not currently open for applicationsApplicable study: Year 3 of a BEd(Tchg) Primary, GradDipTchg(Sec) or...
KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019
37 Position Information Position Information Position Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker – Spring 2019 Working Title KMOS-TV Development Student Worker...