The Boomer Esiason Foundation (BEF) has announced the General Academic Scholarship (for one year only) for high school senior or current undergraduate or graduate student. The scholarship is intended to help the CF patients who are pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees. Grants are awarded quarterly on the basis of demonstrated need and academic accomplishment. The successful candidates will be awarded maximum $2,500 & minimum $500 amount for covering his or her tuition fees.
The Boomer Esiason Foundation is a dynamic partnership of leaders in the medical and business communities joining with a committed core of volunteers to heighten awareness, education, and quality of life for those affected by cystic fibrosis while providing financial support to research aimed at finding a cure.
- Be a high school senior or current undergraduate or graduate student.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- The BEF Scholarship committee considers the applicant’s scholastic ability, character, leadership potential, service to the community and need for financial assistance.
How to Apply
To apply for Boomer Esiason Foundation scholarship Program eligible students must create an account from the given link:
Candidate must include:
- Essay (discuss the importance of compliance to CF therapies and what you practice daily to stay healthy and discuss your post-graduation goals.)
- Recent photo.
- Letter from a physician (on letterhead) confirming CF diagnosis and therapy routine.
- Transcript (high school, college, and/or graduate school).
- Letter of acceptance from an academic institution.
- A detailed breakdown of tuition costs from an academic institution.
- W2 form for both parents OR tax return if self-employed.
Candidate can postmark the complete application packet to:
Boomer Esiason Foundation
c/o Chris McEwan
483 10th Avenue, Suite 300
New York, NY 10018
The winners of the BEF General Academic Scholarship will receive an award valued from $500 to $2,500.
The deadline for all receipt of application material is March 31, 2017.
If you have any question, email at cmcewan-at-esiason.org