California Community Foundation is accepting the application for “Education Pipeline Program”. An early childhood education center, day care center/preschool, organization and Individual school districts or school sites are welcome to apply. The program is intended to support for convening and coordination to amplify the work of early learning advocates, providers and parent networks. Winning applicant will receive the grants of up to $150,000 over two years.
The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a philanthropic organization in the United States. Foundation Center, an independent nonprofit organization, ranks it among the top 100 foundations in the nation by asset size and total giving. Its mission is to lead positive systemic change that strengthens Los Angeles communities.
General eligibility requirements for the program are given below:
More likely to be competitive:
- An early childhood education center that provides high-quality, research-based education to low-income children and emphasizes parent engagement by requiring parent participation on a weekly basis.
- An organization that teaches parents of preschool and K-5 students how to become an integral part of their children’s education and academic achievement.
Less likely to be competitive:
- A day care center/preschool that does not use research-based curriculum and does not use assessments to measure children’s school readiness.
- An organization that focuses on post-secondary education for low-income students by educating parents on college access opportunities.
- Individual school districts or school sites.
How to Apply
To be applying for the program firstly you may register yourself to register you must check the given link: https://applyforgrants.calfund.org/SpectrumWebPortal/Accounts/Register
Education grants range from $50,000 to $150,000 over two years.
- Step 1: Letter of Intent (LOI): LOIs is reviewed year-round on an ongoing basis. Applicant’s strategic plan (approved by applicant’s Board of Directors) is required for all grant requests. LOI Deadlines: May 26, 2017, & July 25, 2017
- Step 2: Grant Application: Applicants are invited based on the review of LOI and strategic plan.
- Applicants invited: June 2017 & Aug 2017
- Applications due: July 2017 & Sept 2017