Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) is pleased to announce CFMA Student Scholarship Application. The scholarship is open for those who enroll in an eligible Oregon/SW Washington Colleges or Universities as a full-time student in the accounting field. The objective of the CFMA Student Scholarship is to enable full-time students interested in finance, accounting or construction management to pursue their education in the subject. Scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $3,000 will be awarded to the winning candidates.
The mission of Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) is to unite individuals having financial responsibilities in the construction industry and provide a forum through which these individuals can meet to exchange ideas.
The scholarship has multiple requirements. All competitive applicants are expected to meet all of the below-stated requirements:
- Enroll in an eligible Oregon/SW Washington Colleges or Universities as a full-time student.
- Enroll in either a Bachelors or advanced degree program in finance, accounting or construction management or have a declared finance, accounting or construction management major.
- Demonstrate a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How to Apply
You can download the scholarship application form through the given link:
- Submit a complete CFMA Scholarship Application.
- Submit a 300-word essay that demonstrates the applicant’s relationship to the construction industry and/or how the construction industry impacts the economy.
- Submit a current transcript from the Colleges or Universities attended thus far.
- Submit your current resume.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendations, with one academic and one from the business community (letters cannot be from a member of the applicant’s immediate family).
- Mail the transcript and letters of recommendations to the attention of Todd D McDaniel, CPA, CCIFP, Scholarship Committee Chair, c/o Streimer Sheet Metal Works, Inc., 740 North Knott Street, Portland, OR 97227.
- If submitting your application by email, then application, resume, and essay should be sent to Portland.CFMA-at-gmail.com with the subject line indicating “Scholarship Application” followed by your last name. If submitting the application by mail, use the address indicated above.
Scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $3,000 will be awarded in May 2017 for the academic year beginning fall, 2017.
All application materials, including the required application, transcript and essay must be received on or before April 30, 2017.
You can contact Todd D Mcdaniel at 503-317-9744 or email at td_mcdaniel-at-streimer.com if you have any questions.