The University of the Incarnate Word is feeling honor to present the 2017-2018 “San Antonio Livestock Exposition Scholarship”.The program is open to the incoming first-time freshman or junior students who are seeking a degree accredited college or university. S.A.L.E’s mission is to be “a volunteer organization that emphasizes agriculture and education to develop the youth of Texas”. The UIW will recognize (3) $2,500 scholarships for incoming freshman and (6) $2,500 scholarships for students who are entering their junior year 2017-2017 as San Antonio Livestock Exposition (S.A.L.E.) Scholars.
The University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio strives to educate men and women who will become concerned and enlightened citizens with values developed in a Judeo-Christian tradition. The University of the Incarnate Word is accredited to award baccalaureate and graduate degrees by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
To be eligible, candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Incoming freshman or students entering their junior year
- Full-time enrollment (12+ hours)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to provide a valid Social Security Number
- Must be a resident of Texas, preference given to Bexar County residents
- Must be a graduate of a Texas public or private high school or homeschooled on or after May 2017 and on or after May 2015 for junior students.
- Must be in an S.A.L.E. approved major (See attached list of S.A.L.E. approved majors; other majors will not be considered)
- Must demonstrate academic achievement and have/maintain a 2.8 GPA on a 4.0 scale each semester.
How to Apply
To be applying, the interested candidates may download the application through the given link:
- Personal Biography:
- Note of Thanks:
- Attach a typed “Thank you!” letter
- The release of Information
- Student Certification
Applications can be submitted in person, email, or mailed to:
UIW Office of Financial Assistance
4301 Broadway CPO 308
San Antonio, TX 78209
- The scholarship is worth $2,500 per year for 4 years for incoming freshman and $2,500 per year for 2 years for juniors.
- If awarded, the scholarship funds will be split between the fall and spring terms and used only for tuition, books or fees. Funds cannot be used for housing, day-to-day living expenses or any other costs
The application and all accompanying attachments must be submitted to the UIW Office of Financial Assistance by 5:00 pm on Friday, June 30, 2017.