Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship Program is created by The Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans. To be applying for the scholarship applicants will be enrolled in the eligible program in fall 2017 and under the age of 30. The scholarship is designed to support deserving young people overcome their adversity and pursue their dreams through higher education. 1020 awards each of $2,500 will be given to the deserving candidates.
Horatio Alger Association Members and Friends have been funding need-based college scholarships to support deserving young people overcome their adversity and pursue their dreams through higher education.
This scholarship program is applicable for:
- Have completed high school (or earned a GED)
- Will be enrolled in eligible program in Fall 2017
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
- Demonstrated critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
How to Apply
Candidates must register & login through the given link, to be entered in the scholarship program:
Financial Aid and Award Money:
1020 awards up to $2,500 each will be given to pursue a career or technical certificate/degree.
The first application deadline for application submission is June 15, 2017.