Rockland Community Foundation Scholarship Funds help students to achieve their educational goals by providing assistance with the cost of their education. That’s why they are pleased to announce its ML by Maria Luisa Scholarship Program. The opportunity is open to high school female seniors who are attending a public, private or parochial school within Rockland County. The scholarship is made to encourage women in Rockland County, in need of financial aid, to assist with costs of attending a college of her choice. This year they are awarding two $1000.00 scholarships each to a promising Rockland County high school female senior.
The Rockland Community Foundation is a registered, tax-exempt 501(c) (3) non-profit corporation governed by a local Board of Directors and an Advisory Board comprised of community leaders. Community focus is to raise the public consciousness of charitable giving in Rockland to the benefit of all non-profits in Rockland and develop and increase Rockland’s overall capacity to raise private, corporate, public and foundation funds.
To be eligible the applicants must be:
- A Rockland County resident
- Attend a public, private or parochial school within Rockland County
- Enrolled in a two- or four-year accredited college program in the U.S
How to Apply
Applying for the Scholarship please read the following points:
- Applications can either be completed using the fillable pdf format, or printed out, completed, and then scanned. Download the application by http://www.rocklandgives.org/ML_by_Maria_Luisa_Scholarship_2017.pdf
- All required attachments, except letters of recommendation, must be submitted at the same time your application is submitted.
Along with the application form candidates must also submit following documents:
- Current high school transcript showing a minimum GPA of 2.8
- A paragraph detailing your extra-curricular experience
- A brief (one paragraph maximum) description of planned area of study and career goals
- An essay must accompany your application. It must be typed, double-spaced using 12 point Times New Roman font and should be no more two pages long.
- Two letters of reference.
- Email your completed application and all scanned attachments to: RCFscholarships-at-gmail.com with the name of the scholarship in the Subject line of your email.
- Two letters of reference should be mailed directly to:
Rockland Community Foundation
ML by Maria Luisa Scholarship
P.O. Box 323
New City, NY 10956
Two $1000.00 scholarships will be awarded: one to a promising female senior attending a private or public Rockland County high school (must be a Rockland County resident), and one to a promising female senior attending Nyack High School, to assist with costs of attending a college of their choice.
- Online application form with all required attachments must be emailed by April 3, 2017
- Two letters of reference should be mailed by April 3, 2017
If you have any doubt please Call 845-947-2868 or email to RCFscholarships-at-gmail.com