The National Society for the Preservation of Covered Bridges (NSPCB) invites applications for the 2017 Eric DeLony Scholarship. The scholarship honors Eric DeLony, who served as chief of the Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) from 1971 to 2003 and is a noted historic preservationist. The Society established the scholarship program to encourage students to pursue degrees that will lead to a career involving covered bridge preservation, repair and/or restoration. One or more awards may be offered for up to $1000 each.
The National Society for the Preservation of Covered Bridges, Inc. is a non-profit educational-charitable institution as defined in section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and consequently, all donations to the Society are tax-deductible.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate historic preservation degree program in an accredited institution.
- Applicants who are not in a historic preservation program, but can demonstrate an interest in historic bridge preservation in their chosen field is also encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download the application form through the given link: http://coveredbridgesociety.org/downloads/nspcb-scholarship-app_2017.pdf
- The required 150-word essay about “The Importance of preserving our Historic Covered Bridges”
- Also, arrange for a transcript and one personal and two academic letters of recommendation
- Recipients must provide proof of current registration and the previous term’s grades
You can either mail or email the complete application packet
Mail completed application to:
NSPCB Scholarship Committee
535 Second NH Tpke
Hillsboro, NH 03244
Email to: nspcb-at-yahoo.com
One or more awards may be offered for up to $1000 each.
All application and supporting documents must be received by April 15, 2017.