Each year the Society of Allied Weight Engineers, Inc. sponsors the SAWE Scholarship Program for children or grandchildren of SAWE members worldwide, who plan to continue their education in college. Applicants must be high school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four- year college or university. If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $1,000 award. Up to four (4) awards will be granted this year.
The Society of Allied Weight Engineers (SAWE) goals are to promote mass properties engineering as a specialized discipline and to provide a means for those interested in mass properties engineering to work together to further their professional goals.
Applicants to the SAWE Scholarship Program must be:
- Children or grandchildren (age 25 and under) of members of the Society of Allied Weight Engineers, Inc. who have a minimum of one year of membership as of the application deadline date. Children and grandchildren of deceased members are also eligible. The program applies to all SAWE members worldwide.
For the purposes of this program, children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren of members.
- High school seniors or graduates that plan to enroll or students who are already enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Enrolled or plan to enroll in a technical course of study (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, computer sciences, etc.), to be eligible for the SAWE/Frank Fong Memorial Scholarship. There is no course of study requirements for the general SAWE scholarship.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download the application form through the given ink: https://www.sawe.org/files/SAWENG_APP.pdf
- English translations for all non-English documents
- Student Application with completed Applicant Appraisal – (in English)
- Current Complete Transcript(s) of Grades (academic record) and other required documents
Society of Allied Weight Engineers Scholarship Program
Scholarship Management Services
One Scholarship Way
St. Peter, MN 56082 U.S.A.
Telephone: (507) 931-1682, Toll-free telephone: (800) 537-4180
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $1,000 award.
- Up to four (4) awards will be granted this year. Awards are not renewable, but students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
The complete application packet must be postmark deadline April 1, 2017.